Based on witness accounts and evidence collected at the scene, the driver of the 4 Runner, 18-year-old Brandon Martinez, swerved to the right to avoid a collision and lost control of the vehicle. The teens were leaving a football game at the school. They were identified as Martinez, Nelson Umanzor, 18, and Naseer Alwakeel, 16. A fourth passenger, 17-year-old Mesiah Allen, remains in critical condition at GMC Lawrenceville.
Gwinnett County Public Schools spokeswoman Sloan Roach said the students, three seniors and a junior, were very involved at the school, and offered prayers to the students' families and the Meadowcreek community. He remained in critical condition Saturday morning. The vehicle struck a guardrail and then hit a tree. Police say speed may have been a factor in the crash.
Iowa State stops unbeaten Horned Frogs cold in 14-7 victory
Iowa State missed a field goal following the first turnover, and the TCU defense forced a punt following the second turnover. The victory lifted Iowa State (6-2, 4-1 Big 12) into a tie for first place in the conference with Oklahoma State and TCU .
It happened in the 4400 block of Steve Reynolds Boulevard near Meadowcreek High School around 10:15 p.m. just after the game with Parkview wrapped up.
Emergency responders said the SUV ran off the roadway and down a nearby embankment. Officers discovered three of the victims dead at the scene of unknown injuries.
- Undocumented 10-Year-Old With Cerebral Palsy Detained By ICE
- Kennedy, la verità può attendere: Trump blocca 300 documenti top secret
- " Payet peut mieux faire " — Pirès
- Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)- Stocks Defying Gravity
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Plane nose crumpled midair by…a bird?
- Jansen, Kimbrel named top relievers
- AstraZeneca plc (AZN) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Chip and Joanna Gaines Are Not Selling Their 'Fixer Upper' Farmhouse
- Date Set For Queensland State Election
- Kamal Haasan bats for 'Save Ennore' Campaign, visits site of encroachments