The Jaguars defense is especially strong against the pass, but has struggled to stop opposing running backs and has given up 5.2 yards per carry so far in 2017.
Dareus will join a Jaguars defense that leads the National Football League with 33 sacks in general and a defensive tackle rotation that includes Malik Jackson, Abry Jones, Sheldon Day and Eli Ankou. Adam Schefter of ESPN was the first to report it. It's been rumored that the 27-year-old, who has an average salary of over $16 million annually, never truly bought into the philosophy of general manager Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott. The teams announced the move - which is contingent on Dareus passing a physical.
The Jaguars have the right mindset in that they need to keep improving.
UBS Group Q3 Profit Climbs, Net Interest Income Down
Earnings per share grew to 0.25 fran from 0.22 franc a year ago . Investment banking posted a 3% rise in pretax profit.
Dareus, 27, is a two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle who once notched 10 sacks in a season in 2014. He had played only 33.7 percent of the Bills' snaps this season, according to pro-football-reference.
The Jaguars might not be pretty on offense, but their defense is good enough to get them to the playoffs.
In return for Dareus, the Jaguars are sending a 2018 sixth-round pick to Buffalo that reportedly could become a fifth-round pick based on how Dareus performs with the Jaguars.
- GAO to probe activities of Trump voter fraud commission
- Après Castaner, qui sera le prochain porte-parole du gouvernement?
- Traders Secrets on Array BioPharma Inc. (ARRY), NetApp, Inc. (NTAP)
- Google partners with George Soros to "fact-check" news results
- Maruti Suzuki hits lifetime high post Q2 FY18 numbers
- ISSF WC Final: Sangram Dahiya wins silver in double trap event
- Clashes mar Macron's visit to French Guiana
- CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Updates FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Another 'Ace Ventura' Movie Might Happen, If Jim Carrey Is Interested
- $1.27 EPS Expected for Aon plc Class A Ordinary Shares (UK) (AON)