Prosecutors reinstated certain charges against members of Penn State's former Beta Theta Pi fraternity Friday, Oct. 27, 2017, almost two months after a district judge dismissed charges of involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault over the February 4, 2017, death of 19-year-old Tim Piazza.
Manslaughter and assault charges are back on the table for Beta Theta Pi brothers involved with the demise of Tim Piazza, according to Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller.
Parks Miller vowed at the time to refile some of those charges, and on Friday she did.
Those were the most serious charges brought in the case.
Some of the hazing, reckless endangerment and furnishing charges against Young stem from pledge events in the spring and fall of 2016.
Marcell Dareus Traded to Jaguars for 6th-Round Draft Pick
The Buffalo Bills have been trying to move the contract of defensive tackle Marcell Dareus for quite some time now. The Jaguars might not be pretty on offense, but their defense is good enough to get them to the playoffs.
A judge threw out aggravated assault and involuntary manslaughter counts against eight of the defendants.
Now, the commonwealth "resurrected every single count for involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault".
The new counts are accompanied by a motion to have a different magisterial district judge appointed for a new preliminary hearing.
Penn State permanently banned the chapter and the national fraternity revoked the chapter's recognition.
- Clashes mar Macron's visit to French Guiana
- CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Updates FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Singer Tamar Braxton files for divorce from husband-manager
- Mark Halperin Issues Lengthy Apology for "Inappropriate" Behavior at ABC News
- Thai King Bhumibol's remains collected
- Russian Election Interference? RT Publishes Twitter Ad Campaign Proposal After Advertisements Banned
- Another 'Ace Ventura' Movie Might Happen, If Jim Carrey Is Interested
- $1.27 EPS Expected for Aon plc Class A Ordinary Shares (UK) (AON)
- West Virginia inmate escaped more than a day before being discovered missing
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes