Clinics are spread out across the city and the flu shots will be offered for free. Common flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, and fatigue.
Researchers at Vanderbilt University Medical Center are leading an worldwide effort to develop a universal influenza vaccine that would protect everyone against all strains of the flu anywhere in the world. Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma or diabetes. H3N2 viruses cause more severe disease in the elderly and young children, and they are associated with a high hospitalization rate, he noted.
The best method of protection against the flu is to receive your annual influenza vaccine.
Current flu vaccines can reduce the risk of influenza by up to 60 percent during seasons when the vaccine is well-matched to most circulating strains of the flu.
"Even in years when the flu vaccine is a 'bad match, ' there is partial protection because one's immune system can make antibodies that still recognize and bind to the influenza virus even when new strains emerge unexpectedly", he added. "Getting a flu shot is quick, easy, and not only protects you, but also those around you". "The flu vaccine is not recommended for infants less than 6 months old".
Could Intelsat SA (NYSE:I) Skyrocket? The Stock Had Too Little Sellers
At the end of September, Intelsat´s backlog was worth United States dollars 7,9 billion, from 8,2 billion at the end of June. Scopia Capital Management LP bought a new stake in shares of Intelsat SA during the first quarter worth about $6,300,000.
"During flu season, if you experience flu-like symptoms, it is wise to let your doctor know within 24 to 48 hours of when the symptoms began", she said.
DE health officials on Thursday announced the first lab-confirmed flu cases for the 2017-2018 season.
In fact, Leisch says, for most people, the best therapy is to stay at home - away from others - and get plenty of rest and fluids. Young children, adults older than 65, and adults with certain medical conditions may require anti-viral medications.
"These medications are good at preventing complications of flu and shortening the duration of flu by one or two days", Leisch said. Sporadic cases of influenza have already been reported throughout the country.
- Apprentissage, formation et assurance-chômage... Une seule loi pour trois réformes sociales
- Four-star Texas DT Bobby Brown commits to Texas A&M over Alabama
- Thrivent Financial For Lutherans Has $492000 Holdings in Noble Energy Inc. (NBL)
- Kenyan Man Enjoys Life After Losing His 3 Foot Penis
- First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR) Expected To Report Earnings On Thursday
- Ils avaient enfermé un Noir dans un cercueil : deux Sud-Africains condamnés
- Kristen Bell Says 'Veronica Mars' Miniseries Is 'Going to Happen'
- Grizz hang on to beat Mavericks 96-91
- Locked in cooler, man decides to sit and drink beer
- Shares in CBS Corporation (CBS) Purchased by Pensionfund DSM Netherlands