Earlier on Wednesday, Haley met with President Salva Kiir, whom she said she told that the US was losing patience with the South Sudanese government's efforts to end the country's ongoing civil war.
"We have lost trust in the government and we now need to regain that trust and the only way to regain that trust is through the actions of taking care of all of the people", Haley told South Sudan's Eye Radio. "That's the concern we have".
In his meeting with Haley, South Sudan's president appealed for the Trump administration to stay engaged with his devastated country.
Rights groups have urged the United States to take a tougher approach to Kiir's government.
Robert Mugabe 'Would Have Turned Down' WHO Envoy Post
He said the World Health Organization is against tobacco growing and selling and that this is a key foreign currency earner for Zimbabwe.
The civil war was sparked by a feud between Kiir, a Dinka, and his former deputy Riek Machar, a Nuer.
Haley was meeting with civilians affected by the conflict in South Sudan at a "protection of civilians center" run by the United Nations when a group of around 100 people demonstrating against President Salva Kiir came nearby, the official said.
A fragile peace deal broke down a year ago and Machar fled the country.
A spokeswoman for the United Nations mission said the protest "started to gain momentum after (Haley) left, IDPs became upset that she was not able to meet with them". It has plunged parts of the world's youngest nation into starvation and forced a third of the population - some 4 million people - to flee their homes. Since the East African nation gained independence in 2011, the U.S. has given more than $5 billion for humanitarian and development initiatives, according to the U.S. Embassy.
- Dustin Pedroia out seven months following knee surgery
- Dontrelle Inman Traded to Bears
- Set for G-League rehab stint
- A better way to wash pesticides off apples
- Puel nommé d'ici vendredi — Leicester
- Widow of U.S. soldier killed in Niger says Trump 'made me cry'
- Microsoft Adds A New Gaming Feature To Windows 10
- Trump Criticizes Media's Portrayal of Him
- Uber's next gambit to maintain your loyalty is a credit card
- Listen to Selena Gomez's "Very Beautiful and Personal" New Song "Wolves"