In an interview with TMZ Sports, Maxwell said he witnessed first hand how people were upset with him over his protest when he returned home to Alabama. "He was like, 'You're the guy that took the knee?"
Maxwell says it all went down at a lunch with a local politician - and after they complained to management, they got a new server. "He goes, 'I voted for Trump, ' he goes, 'And I stand for everything he stands for'".
Kurz invite l'extrême droite à des pourparlers gouvernementaux — Autriche
Le jeune leader conservateur de 31 ans a annoncé avoir eu samedi une discussion "des plus positives" avec le chef du FPÖ, Heinz-Christian Strache.
But Maxwell says there's been a lot of POSITIVES that have come from his demonstration - including a new friendship with Colin Kaepernick who's sort of mentoring him now.
Coincidentally, Trump's infamous remarks wishing NFL owners could fire any "son of a bitch" who kneels during the National Anthem were delivered at a campaign rally in Huntsville, Ala. "And like I said, unless you're subject to it, you won't understand it, you won't feel it". I'm very respectful. I'm very educated. "That's the reason that I'm kneeling - stuff like that".
The NFL protests were launched past year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. While in the restaurant, a waiter recognized him and confronted him about his decision to kneel during the anthem.
- Robbie Savage predicts where Man United, Tottenham will finish in title race
- Misfit Vapor smartwatch with built-in Global Positioning System finally set for 31 October release
- Kind vets treat bear with enormous tongue
- Fomento Economico Mexicano SAB de CV (FMX) to Release Earnings on Thursday
- Trump pelted with Russian flags at US Capitol
- Acer launches Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook
- Biologists investigating what killed right whale found washed up on Cape Cod
- Character is key for Cahill as Chelsea chase consistency
- Sen. Jeff Flake Announces He's Not Running for Reelection
- Rattrapé par des accusations d'agressions sexuelles — Terry Richardson