The government of India's Interlocutor for Naga peace talks, RN Ravi is set to meet representatives of the NNPGs Working Committee on October 23 next, according to a press release from the Nagaland Tribes' Council (NTC).
The reason for this meeting is regarding the contents of the Naga Peace Accord between the Government of India and the NSCN-IM, according to which it has been rumored that the content includes re-transfer of Naga lands in Assam to the present state of Nagaland.
The UNTABA also in the meanwhile took the time to appreciate the Working Committees of the six NNPGs for coming together under one umbrella for the common good of the Naga people as well as lauded its leaders for sparing their precious time to listen to the voice of the people on the issue.
The reception committee also requested the general public and all concerned citizens to gather at the Dimapur airport for a grand public reception and appealed to all the village councils along NH-29 to mobilize its members and receive the PM's envoy.
Wada To Investigate Claims Of Doping In China In 1980s And 1990s
Xue claimed that athletes were repeatedly tested until they came back negative - and were then sent to worldwide competitions. The WADA code, which harmonises anti-doping policies across global sport, was only introduced in 2003.
He said the Naga issue can not be fragmented.
Besides the ongoing Naga political dialogue between the Government of India and the NSCN (IM), the six NNPGs have also been invited to involve in the peace talks before a final settlement is achieved.
Further, pointing out that the term of current Nagaland Legislative Assembly was nearing completion, the hoho said while the people were earnestly anticipating permanent solution, imposing election at this juncture could lead to differences of opinion and could even affect the ongoing talks.
- Shares now down at $263.09 (BA) Boeing, Singapore Airlines Announce…
- IAF planes perform touch and go drill on Lucknow-Agra Expressway
- Letter dated day before Titanic sank sells for $166000
- Vance Joseph dismisses Trevor Siemian's struggles as 'group problem'
- Lawmakers Return for Special Session Monday
- Domino's Pizza Inc (NYSE:DPZ) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results
- David Seaman reacts to Ronald Koeman's sacking by Everton
- Tattooed man wanted after random machete attack is captured
- McGee among adds to Cards' coaching staff
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Shares Sold by Boston Family Office LLC