Publicists for Priscilla Presley said Sunday that the ex-wife of Elvis Presley has not parted ways with the controversial Church of Scientology, after almost forty years as a member. "They are very close as a family and leaving the Church has been a family decision", the insider added.
Priscilla Presley has become the latest celebrity to walk away from the controversial Church of Scientology.
"Priscilla reached out to John Travolta after Elvis died in 1977, and that's how she ended up in the church", the source says.
But it appears as if the tried and true member has not gone anywhere.
"The main motivation for them is money, property and expansion - and that's evident here". Priscilla's daughter, Lisa Marie, left Scientology three years ago and it's understood that this may have contributed to her reasons for leaving.
Frederica Wilson 2015 video shows John Kelly got it wrong
Islamic militants on motorcycles brought rocket- propelled grenades and heavy machine guns, killing the four and wounding others. The attack happened in a remote corner of Niger where Americans and local counterparts had been meeting with community leaders.
Presley - who initially joined the Church after the death of her husband, Elvis - allegedly told friends she was leaving.
Speaking after her own exit in 2014, Lisa Marie Presley said that she was beginning to "self-destruct" ands that Scientology was "taking my soul, my money, my everything". Some of those left quietly, like Demi Moore, Nicole Kidman, Katie Holmes and Mimi Rogers.
Meanwhile, the controversial faith, founded by American writer L Ron Hubbard in 1955, has been at the centre of a furore, thanks to former member and actress Leah Remini's recent documentary series Scientology And The Aftermath.
Presley's rep did not immediately return a request for comment.
- Mewis Scores Twice Early, USWNT Routs South Korea in Friendly
- Important incendie à Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Al Ahly ease into continental decider
- Susan Calman Survives Strictly Come Dancing Vote
- Hill leads No. 4 TCU to rout of Kansas
- Korea, US, Japan to Hold Talks in Philippines
- Day After Mumbai Another Woman Molested In Kozhikode In Broad Daylight
- Astronaut shares view of India on Diwali from space
- Government to shut schools with few students
- Iran beaten by Spain in U-17 World Cup Quarters