At the age of 30, McCall Zerboni earned her first ever call-up to the US women's national team.
North Carolina fans will be happy to see one fresh face on the list: NC Courage midfielder McCall Zerboni has earned her first-ever national team call-up since her professional career began in 2009. She also scored three goals during the season, including the first in club history against the Washington Spirit on April 15.
The U.S. women's soccer team concluded its two-game series against South Korea with a 6-0 blowout win Sunday afternoon at Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C.
Midfielder Andi Sullivan, who started the match at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and played the first half to earn her fifth cap in her first WNT action in nearly a year, will return to Stanford University to play in her college game on the weekend.
London's £10 T-Charge starts today
Motorists driving through the centre of London will have to pay the new "T-Charge" from tomorrow. The new charge will use the same payment and operational systems as the congestion charge.
Pugh was injured in the USA team's 3-1 victory over South Korea in the first match of the two-game exhibition series on Thursday night in New Orleans.
Zerboni was a key cog in the North Carolina Courage's run to the best record in the NWSL this year. Defender Taylor Smith had originally been called into the U.S. WNT camp for these two matches, but was forced to withdraw after suffering an injury in the NWSL Championship in Orlando last Saturday, October 14.
The U.S. women's side will be back in action in November with a home-and-home friendly set against Canada.
- EPA Cancels Climate Change Speech By Agency Scientists
- Susan Calman Survives Strictly Come Dancing Vote
- Bills improve to 4-2 with Hauschka's game victor
- Safety Jeff Heath fills in for injured Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey
- Important incendie à Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Iran beaten by Spain in U-17 World Cup Quarters
- Same-Sex Marriage Debate Harming LGBTI Youth, Experts Warn
- Astronaut shares view of India on Diwali from space
- Hill leads No. 4 TCU to rout of Kansas
- WhatsApp to Get Group Voice & Video Calling Feature Soon