The victim, understood to be Jess Wilkes, 27, was flung from the craft as it travelled on the Rhone near the city of Avignon on Saturday night.
One British citizen was killed and five others were injured in a collision with a tour boat with an iron buoy on the river Rhone in the South of France.
Her body was found six metres underwater, firefighters near Avignon told the AFP news agency.
The official says the four others injured were also on the boat and two of them are in serious condition.
Sun Life Financial Inc. (NYSE:SLF) Shorts Down -16.28% - Currently Trading Down
The stock of Sun Life Financial Inc (NYSE:SLF) has "Outperform" rating given on Thursday, August 6 by Credit Suisse. Stock buyback programs are usually an indication that the company's leadership believes its shares are undervalued.
Meanwhile her father, Bernard Wilkes, 72, said they "want answers" over the death of his "beautiful young girl who lived life to the full".
Ms Wilkes, from Lamberhurst, Kent, is said to have spent the evening with friends at a restaurant on Barthelasse, an island on the river, and the boat was travelling back to Avignon.
An investigation has been launched to determine the circumstances of the incident.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Simon Cowell "desperate" to get Cheryl back on the panel
- Ligue des champions : L'Etoile du Sahel humiliée par Al Ahly d'Egypte
- Buhari returns to Nigeria after 4-day Turkey visit
- Mets tab Indians pitching coach Callaway as new manager
- Bills improve to 4-2 with Hauschka's game victor
- Chelsea withstand pressure to sink Watford
- Susan Calman Survives Strictly Come Dancing Vote
- Korea, US, Japan to Hold Talks in Philippines
- Evacuation order lifted after Fernie ammonia leak