Egypt powerhouse Al Ahly are into their first CAF Champions League final for four years after overwhelming Tunisia's Etoile du Sahel with a stunning semi-final second-leg showing in Alexandria on Sunday.
The record eight-time champions qualified 7-4 on aggregate to face Wydad Casablanca of Morocco in the two-leg final with the first match in Egypt next weekend.
Ali Maaloul, who previously played for Etoile's rivals CS Sfaxien, Rami Rabia and a comical Hamdi Naguez own goal ensured second-half strikes from Rami Bedoui and Iheb Msakni were merely consolations.
Wydad will be making a third final appearance having beaten Al Hilal of Sudan in 1992, and going down to Esperance of Tunisia six years ago.
TP Mazembe of DR Congo and Wydad matched the achievement since the competition underwent a name change in 1997 to the CAF Champions League.
Important incendie à Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
Depuis plus d'une heure les communes des Salles-sur-Verdon et Aiguines n'ont plus d'électricité. De même source, aucune habitation n'a été menacée, ni aucun blessé signalé.
"To be frank, my target was to score knowing that only 1-0 would qualify me for the final", El-Badry, who led Ahly to their 2012 Champions League title, told BeIN Sports right after the game.
Azaro, who came under enormous criticism for failing to convert some clear-cut chances in previous games, scored the third five minutes from half-time before completing his personal treble three minutes into the second half.
Ahly and Wydad met during the group stage this year with each side winning 2-0 at home.
There is a lot at stake in the final with a record $2.5 million (2.1 million euros) first prize plus a ticket to the FIFA Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates during December.
- Detroit Red Wings Lose Fourth Consecutive Game
- Simon Cowell "desperate" to get Cheryl back on the panel
- Mewis Scores Twice Early, USWNT Routs South Korea in Friendly
- Government to shut schools with few students
- Ligue des champions : L'Etoile du Sahel humiliée par Al Ahly d'Egypte
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Guillaume Soro de retour en Côte d'Ivoire
- Buhari returns to Nigeria after 4-day Turkey visit
- Korea, US, Japan to Hold Talks in Philippines
- British woman reported dead in boat accident in France