The raid on the officers' base happened in the early hours of Saturday in the town of Ayourou in the Tillaberi region, 200km northwest of the capital, Niamey.
"There was a new attack".
Maine HS football coach canned after claims of 'hate-laden' taunts
The superintendent apparently agreed and Greaton is no longer a football coach for the district. The coach still coached the game, and no taunts were reported.
In early October, one of them had cost the lives of four american soldiers and four soldiers from niger patrol.
A dozen gendarmes were killed when heavily armed paramilitaries attacked their base in Niger, the latest in escalating violence. They had rocket launchers and machineguns.
Several armed groups and well-armed ethnic militia are known to operate in the area near the border with Mali, and there have been at least 46 attacks recorded there since early previous year.
- Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh Files Nomination From Arki
- The Assetmark Inc. Boosts Position in Philip Morris International Inc (PM)
- Dimitrov to face Del Potro in Stockholm Open final
- Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera accused of gang-rape threat
- Notre Dame-USC: 10 To 1 Countdown
- Sakshi contacted Suresh Raina to inform MS Dhoni about Ziva's birth
- Triple H To Compete At WWE's Live Event In Chile On Sunday
- Longhorns tie Oklahoma State in seconds with forced fumble, 90-yard pass
- Max Alain Gradel est de retour face à Angers — Toulouse
- JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) Receives "Hold" Rating from Keefe, Bruyette & Woods