Asked if he had any regrets about the incident, Irving was emphatic he did not.
As the Celtics were leaving the court at halftime, a fan recorded video of a heckler shouting "Kyrie where's Lebron?"
"Hell no", said Irving". I'm glad he got his [social media] name out there and then, kinda, 5 seconds of fame and it going viral - that's the social media platform we live on. "I take full responsibility what I said - excuse the kids at home - and you move on". So it won't be surprising if Irving endures a similar punishment from the league in the next day or two, especially since he isn't even apologetic about it.
"It's up to the league at this point".
TRADE ALERT: Penguins acquire Riley Sheahan from the Red Wings
Sheahan has skated in 17 career National Hockey League playoff games, netting two goals, two assists and four points. Sheahan, 25, struggled badly in 2016-17, going 79 games without a goal before scoring twice in the season finale.
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said the National Basketball Association had been in touch with Irving, but the Boston guard does not yet know if he will be fined.
"I think he's been talked to by the league". People make mistakes, hopefully they learn from them.
Irving was talking about being a leader to a young team later in his chat with reporters when he made light of his outburst.
- Refuel vehicle collides with PIA plane at Toronto airport
- Four years after national title, they're heckling Jimbo Fisher at Florida State
- The Internet Is Losing It Over Justin Bieber's New Full-Torso Tattoo
- Stockholm: Une finale Dimitrov-Del Potro ?
- Max Branning set to leave EastEnders?
- TOWIE spoiler: Pete Wicks and Megan McKenna's split gets MESSY
- Twelve Niger soldiers killed in attack: minister
- Hinschberger limogé dimanche — Metz
- Le classique sera diffusé dans 188 territoires — OM-PSG
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Receives Buy Rating from Needham & Company LLC