That's Cub: USA Today columnist Bob Nightengale first reported Saturday morning that Bosio had been fired, the team declining a club contract option for next year and making a major influence on the Wrigleyville rebuild a free agent.
Bosio spent five years with Chicago and guided the pitching staff for last year's World Series winning team.
Those win-later trades combined with Bosio's expertise led to a 2016 major-league ERA leader (Kyle Hendricks) and a 2015 NL Cy Young Award victor (Jake Arrieta) plus setup guys Pedro Strop and Carl Edwards Jr. and All-Star shortstop Addison Russell. Our staff's been awesome. "Really, there's a lot of synergy involved". However, Bosio will land on his feet with another pitching coach job in the major leagues, possibly in Minnesota.
Those exit meetings on Friday at Wrigley Field are just the beginning of an offseason that could lead to sweeping changes, with the Cubs looking to replace 40 percent of their rotation, identify an established closer (whether or not that's Wade Davis), find another leadoff option and maybe break up their World Series core of hitters to acquire pitching. They then advanced to the NLCS for the third consecutive season.
DX Group sees earnings tumble
But the company clocked a pre-tax loss of £82.3 million when accounting for exceptional items including a £72.4 million goodwill impairment charge.
Theo Epstein said the decision would ultimately be Maddon's.
Bosio was primarily a starter from 1986 through 1996 with the Milwaukee Brewers and Seattle Mariners, posting a career record of 94-93 with a 3.96 ERA.
The Cubs pitching staff struggled with command this year, especially in the bullpen. Edwards - like Montgomery - pitched well during the regular season. "They both had really good years, and they both finished strong".
- Triple H To Compete At WWE's Live Event In Chile On Sunday
- Peter Dinklage & Erica Schmidt Welcome Baby No. 2
- Spectra Energy Partners, LP (SEP) Consensus Estimates Analysis
- Analysts Research Summary: Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP)
- 'Much tougher game' - Mark Lawrenson predicts Tottenham v Liverpool
- Titanic victim's letter sells for record $166000
- Longhorns tie Oklahoma State in seconds with forced fumble, 90-yard pass
- Did Talia Dean leak the results of Nicole Scherzinger's Judges' Houses?
- Microsoft hits back at Google over approach to security patches
- JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) Receives "Hold" Rating from Keefe, Bruyette & Woods