Governor Kay Ivey has announced that Alabama's unemployment rate is the lowest it has been in nearly 10 years. Today, Gov. Kay Ivey announced Alabama's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for September 2017 was 3.8 percent, down from 4.2 percent in August.
This is down from August's rate of 4.2%, and well below September 2016's rate of 6.0%.
"We've been working extremely hard over the past six months to bring Alabama's unemployment rate down, and today's news shows that our efforts are paying off", Ivey said.
Cullman County's rate remains among the state's lowest at 2.8 percent, tied with Marshall County for second.
Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Receives Buy Rating from Guggenheim
It is positive, as 83 investors sold TSLA shares while 159 reduced holdings. 111 funds opened positions while 197 raised stakes. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 160,274 shares in the company, valued at $51,505,652.64.
"When it comes to job creation, we are doing the right thing and momentum is on our side in Alabama", Ivey said in the press release. Auburn's and Opelika's unemployment rates for September were 2.9 percent and 3.0, respectively. "We can't and won't slow down just because we've reached this milestone".
In our area, Pickens County saw the same as statewide unemployment rate, 3.8% in September.
The report counts 2,068,594 people as employed in September, about 11,000 more than the previous month and 23,000 more than a year ago. Counties with the highest unemployment rates are: Wilcox County at 8.9%, Clarke County at 6.7%, and Dallas County at 6.3%. September's rate represents 82,678 unemployed persons, compared to 90,756 in August and 131,201 in September 2016.
Alabama Labor Secretary, Fitzgerald Washington, says employers continue to add positions, and are beating job-growth projections.
- Jefferies Group LLC Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for Range Resources Corporation (RRC)
- Edison International (EIX) Shares Sold by Public Employees Retirement System of Ohio
- Bill Gates announced a massive investment in public education
- Golmaal Again Movie Review Rating; Ajay Devgn's Golmaal 4 Review
- $0.56 EPS Expected for Alliance Resource Partners, LP (ARLP)
- Celgene Corporation (CELG) - UBS Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target
- Cardinal Health Inc (CAH) Draws Bearish Attention After Forming Double Bottom
- Arnold W. Donald Sells 90903 Shares of Carnival Corporation (CCL) Stock
- Valverde: I hope Messi scores 200th European goal this season
- Inflation, wage hike top most Filipinos' concerns