Seven Delhi Police personnel have been suspended for allegedly allowing an arrested middleman in the Election Commission bribery case to roam freely in Bengaluru where he had been taken for a court hearing.
Deependra Pathak, PRO, Delhi Police, told ANI, "7 police personnel suspended, inquiry will be conducted in a time bound manner, strict action to be taken".
Chandrasekar was arrested in Delhi on April 16 on the charge of attempting to bribe election commission officials on behalf of the AIADMK leader, TTV Dhinakaran, for securing the "Two Leaves" symbol for the Sasikala faction.
David Haye Wants Joe Joyce vs. Sam Sexton For British Title Next
Putney's Joe Joyce enjoyed a convincing win on his professional debut, stopping Ian Lewison in the eighth round. They said a week ago that they would get back to me in two days.
During the course of investigation carried out by the Inter State Cell of the Crime Branch, Chandrasekhar was escorted to Mumbai, Coimbatore and Bengaluru for court hearings between October 9 and 16.
Chandrashekhar has been denied bail twice, once by the sessions court and then by the Delhi High Court. Action was taken against the officers after the Income Tax Department submitted a report along with a video clip to the Delhi Police chief Amulya Patnaik.
The Delhi Police Crime Branch also included in the charge sheet allegations of forgery for objective of cheating, using forged document as genuine, possessing a forged document, intending to use it as genuine and criminal conspiracy.
- FCA's regulatory sandbox is helping fintech grow
- Kevin De Bruyne: 'Manchester City, Manchester United for Premier League title'
- U.S. spacewalkers begin third October fix mission
- Goldman Sachs May Have Just Lost Faith in Nike (NYSE:NKE)
- Trending Stock Buzzer: Fitbit Inc (FIT)
- A Kit Kat Quesadilla Has Arrived at Taco Bell Locations in Wisconsin
- "Fekir a plongé dix fois en première période sans être sanctionné" — Koeman
- Truex rocks on with Kansas pole
- 3 teens injured in violent altercation near Scarborough school
- Bradford out again, Keenum to start against Ravens