Instead, it will be played on Friday, 22 December, with a 19:45 GMT kick-off.
The match is eagerly anticipated by both sets of fans as well as neutrals as both sides have had mixed starts to their Premier League campaigns.
Arsenal's home clash with Liverpool had been earmarked for a potential switch from its original Saturday (Dec. 23) slot to the Sunday, prompting criticism from Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp and fans' groups.
Thankfully, common sense prevailed and it has now been confirmed that there are no Christmas Eve games.
Bernie Sanders Drops Out of Women's Convention After Backlash
Mallory pointed to the handful of other speakers who will address attendees, including California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, whose viral "Reclaiming Our Time" phrase inspired the theme of the convention.
The compromise-at least as the league and broadcaster saw it-was to suggest that the game be kicked off at 2PM on the 24th rather than 4PM. Burnley welcome Tottenham to Turf Moor at 5:30 p.m. GMT on the same day, with the remaining six Premier League fixtures that weekend scheduled for 3 p.m. GMT.
The statement also included quotes from Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore, who said: "We appreciate this is the peak time for supporters attending and watching the Premier League".
"With matches scheduled on Christmas weekend for the first time in 11 years, the process of selecting games for live broadcast has been a more complex one than usual".
Two matches were selected for live broadcast on Boxing Day: Tottenham v Southampton at 1230GMT and Liverpool v Swansea at 1730GMT.
"Every season, when scheduling the fixtures, the Premier League includes provision for matches played on Boxing Day and New Year's Day to have reduced travel times for teams and their fans".
- PGA Tour's Barbasol Championship moving from Auburn
- Consumer Reports' rankings of auto reliability
- Football. Quelle est donc cette étrange pilule qu'a pris Messi ?
- Powerball winning numbers for 10/18/2017; jackpot $156 million
- Brush up your language skills with a little Dutch courage
- #MeToo campaign spreads across social media raising awareness
- Put the Donut Down! Scientists Find New Link Between Sugar and Cancer
- Flowers Attract Bees Thanks To The Blue Halos Around Their Petals
- Years Later, Vermont Is FINALLY Getting a Target Store
- Leicester players 'raw' after Craig Shakespeare sacking - Michael Appleton