Cook didn't elaborate and only added that "it is not time to share any details" about what a new Mac mini lineup would entail, or its tentative release date.
This week marks three years since Apple last updated the Mac Mini, the most affordable computer that packs the entire Mac experience into a 7.7-inch-square frame.
However, there may be some light at the end tunnel for fans of the self-contained square slab, via an email allegedly send to a user by Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Australian teacher Gabrielle Maina shot dead in Nairobi
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is offering consular assistance to Ms Maina's family. An Australian teacher has been shot dead in broad daylight in Kenya's capital of Nairobi.
Of course saying that Apple plans to keep the Mac mini in the lineup could just mean that nothing is changing: no new Mac mini but it won't be discontinued either. And yet, the Mac Mini subsists with outdated specs. The site claimed that the next Mac mini "won't be so mini anymore", but didn't offer any other details.
The Mac Mini is a Mac, but without a mouse, keyboard, or display. We love it too. Cook's response doesn't suggest that there's a new one in the pipeline, but what it does reveal is that the Mac mini will probably not get the axe anytime soon. But is it? According to MacRumors, which posted an email from Apple CEO Tim Cook to a Mac Mini user, the device will still be an important part of Apple's product line going forward. Incidentally, the rumor mill has been completely quiet with respect to any impending updates or looming redesign, save for remarks made from Apple executive Phil Schiller during a roundtable discussion with journalists this past April.
- Years Later, Vermont Is FINALLY Getting a Target Store
- Quentin Tarantino Admits He Knew About Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Claims
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Premiere Party in Atlanta
- Italian Club Pissed Off At Player Pee Allegations
- Zuma makes changes to SAA board, dumps Dudu Myeni
- PETA Statement About New York's Ban on Elephants in Circuses
- Consumer Reports' rankings of auto reliability
- Judge fixes date for trial after alleged kidnapper, Evans, changed plea
- Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask out indefinitely due to concussion
- #MeToo campaign spreads across social media raising awareness