Morgan Freeman is taking on the role of former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell in Powell, a biopic from Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment. He initially opposed former President George W. Bush getting the USA involved in the Middle East, and Powell - who was the first-ever African-American Secretary of State - later came to regret his words as the evidence he based them on was discredited. The evidence he presented was later discredited, and Powell has described the event as a low point in his career.
Powell will explore the statesman's life leading up to his United Nations presentation.
The actor himself will be executive producing alongside Revelation's Kelly Mendelsohn, and Priya Amritraj and Addison Mehr of Hyde Park.
Fernando Alonso prolonge jusqu'en 2018 avec McLaren
Les deux parties en ont fait l'annonce ce jeudi à Austin en marge de la présentation du Grand Prix des Amériques. "McLaren est ravie d'annoncer que Fernando Alonso a prolongé sa collaboration avec l'équipe".
In the meantime, Freeman, whose company Revelations has previously produced films including Invictus, in which he portrayed Nelson Mandela, can be seen in several upcoming projects, such as comedy Cold Warriors alongside Rene Russo and Tommy Lee Jones, and Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, in which he'll play the famous character Drosselmeyer.
Considering Marshall is garnering good reviews from critics, Hudlin is certainly an upcoming director and combined with acting clout of Freeman could make this new biopic one to look out for. He is repped by CAA.
The Hudlin and Freeman film is based on a well-rated script that placed highly on 2011's Black List, an annual ranking of most-liked unproduced screenplays as voted for by Hollywood producers and insiders; also on the list that year were Django Unchained, The Accountant, and The Imitation Game.
- Un agent espagnol revient sur le transfert de Mbappé
- North's most senior police officer under investigation
- Canada's Tragically Hip singer Gord Downie dies, PM weeps
- Man City Team News: Injuries, suspensions and line-up vs Burnley
- Wade Davis, Jake Arrieta Stave off Cubs' NLCS Elimination in Game 4
- Jeremy Lin done for the season with knee injury, Nets announce
- Deoband's absurd fatwa: posting photos on social media un-Islamic
- Jobless claims fall to almost 44-year low
- White Ex-Cop Guilty of Shooting Daughter's Black Boyfriend
- Ben Simmons Shines In His Debut Despite Loss To Wizards