Undrafted rookie PJ Dozier has officially agreed to a two-way contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
P.J. Dozier was signed by the Thunder on Tuesday to a two-way contract, and will wear #35, Durant's uniform number for OKC.
The number will likely be retired by the Thunder someday, but for now it belongs to Dozier, who claimed he didn't get any brushback from the organization for selecting it.
He chose it because it was the number his second cousin, the late Reggie Lewis, wore in Boston. Lewis eventually blossomed into an All-Star guard, twice averaging more than 20 points per game and becoming the leading scorer on a Celtics team transitioning out of the era led by future Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish.
Deepika Padukone is 'new age Dream Girl', says Hema Malini
Deepika Padukone says that working on Padmavati was an exhausting experience. "Certain characters just don't leave your system". Fans have been drooling over the look of Deepika Padukone ever since the first look was released by the makers.
The Boston Celtics selected Lewis out of Northeastern University in the first round of the 1987 National Basketball Association draft, one year after the sudden post-draft death of first-round pick Len Bias.
Dozier was in training camp with the Dallas Mavericks until being cut last weekend.
This season there will be a No. 35 on the court for the Thunder, but Kevin Durant will not be wearing it. "I saw it was open and took advantage of it".
The 20-year-old went undrafted this year and was once projected as a mid-first round pick after helping the South Carolina Gamecocks get to the Final Four, but after further review of his medical history, National Basketball Association teams shied away from selecting him, ultimately falling out of the draft board.
- Rajasthan's policemen go on leave, protest salary cut
- Senior Republican says Trump is steering United States towards World War III
- Officer fatally shoots robbery suspect in northeast Baltimore
- France take on Spain in heavyweight clash
- Intel to Ship Neural Network Processor by end of year
- Johnson and Johnson Wins Appeal in Talcum Powder Cancer Case
- Why getting Eden Hazard back on form is key to Chelsea's season
- Paramount's Lone Wolf & Cub Adaptation Reels In Justin Lin As Its Director
- The Value of WPX Energy, Inc. (NYSE:WPX) Underpriced by 29.1%?
- Man and Girlfriend On Trial For Torturing Boy To Death