Based on the book by Caleb Carr, the historical drama "follows the hunt for a serial killer responsible for the gruesome murders of boy prostitutes".
All muted tones and flickering gas lanterns, the trailer paints an unsettling picture of turn-of-the-20th century NY - one we can't wait to see more of, TBH.
Broker Changes For Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD)
Investors are feeling more bearish on Sears Holdings Corporation recently if you pay attention to the uptick in short interest. The Switzerland-based Zurcher Kantonalbank (Zurich Cantonalbank) has invested 0.05% in Akamai Technologies, Inc.
The series - based on a novel by Caleb Carr and executive-produced by True Detective's Cary Fukunaga - is set in 1896 NY and follows criminal psychologist (aka alienist) Dr. Laszlo Kreizler (Daniel Brühl) and newspaper illustrator John Moore (Luke Evans) as they investigate the murders of child prostitutes using psychology and early forensic techniques.
The Alienist will be available to U.S. viewers via TNT on 22 January next year, and Netflix has the rights to the show in the UK.
"Newly appointed police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt calls upon criminal psychologist Dr. Laszlo Kreizler and newspaper illustrator John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret". Using the emerging disciplines of psychology and early forensic investigation techniques, this band of social outsiders set out to find and apprehend one of New York City's first serial killers. "Serving as co-executive producers on the series are Marshall Persinger (Rectify) and Jamie Payne (The Driver)".
- Bombardier and CAF to make 413 carriages for new West Midlands franchise
- US Justice Department seeking information on Kobe Steel's faked data
- Spanish military jet crashes outside Madrid, killing pilot
- IIT Bombay, Delhi, Madras among top 50 Asian institutions, IISc slides
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS) Short Interest Down 8.7% in September
- Morgan Stanley crushes earnings
- Huawei Unveils the Long-Awaited Huawei Mate 10 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- BBC axes Crimewatch after 33 years
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP Acquires 6515 Shares of Aon PLC (AON)
- "Pas une bonne idée" juge Jean-Michel Blanquer — Ecriture inclusive