This fall has been a tough one with regards to natural disasters for North America and the Caribbean, with there being multiple hurricanes and two earthquakes that hit Mexico particularly hard last month.
"The NFL Foundation, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders and Pittsburgh Steelers will together contribute $200,000 to Banorte's Fundación Banorte to support disaster relief efforts following last month's quake in Mexico City".
The Dallas Cowboys have committed $50,000 to the Salvation Army's relief efforts in Mexico City to assist with crisis intervention services for victims and first responders. "Fundación Banorte will match these donations dollar-for-dollar", the official release read.
Macalester grad's 'Jeopardy' streak comes to an end
Game shows have an uncanny ability to create modern folk heroes, and the latest was Austin Rogers of Jeopardy! fame. He'll be back on " Jeopardy " on November 6 competing in the two-week tournament of champions.
Our thoughts are with the people of Mexico City and surrounding areas as they work to rebuild their community following this devastating natural disaster.
This will be the second consecutive season in which an National Football League regular-season game has been played at the Estadio Azteca, with the Patriots and Raiders playing there on November 19. I've never been to Mexico City, so I'm very excited about it.
Prior to last season's game, each was an exhibition as opposed to a regular-season game.
- Wall St draws little cheer from big bank earnings
- 1 raised in Northern Luzon as TD 'Odette' enters PH
- NZ First to hold joint caucus/board meeting on Monday
- Socceroo forward Tim Cahill investigated by Federation Internationale de Football Association for "sponsored" celebration
- Watch Katy Perry Coordinate An Epic Onstage Marriage Proposal
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) Upgraded to "B-" by TheStreet
- Sky records 'strong' start to the year
- Judge won't order officials to allow abortion
- Jason Aldean resumes tour after Vegas shooting
- Draymond Green laughs at the NBA's attempts to catch the Warriors