The nuclear-powered USS Michigan, a Ohio-class submarine, is expected to arrive in the South Korean port of Busan this weekend and is expected to take part in joint exercises with the USS Ronald Reagan and South Korean forces, Yonhap reported.
In a statement, the USA 7th Fleet said the USS Ronald Regan aircraft carrier and two U.S. destroyers would take part in the drill alongside South Korean Navy vessels.
A second South Korean official who spoke anonymously said USA forces are "irregularly" being deployed to the peninsula to participate in drills and joint training, and without disclosing deployment ahead of time, according to Yonhap.
It marks the sub's first visit here in almost six months. "Michigan Sailors were warmly welcomed by the ROK Navy today and I know they'll receive the same wonderful welcome from the local community during their visit to Busan".
A Los Angeles-class attack submarine made a stop in the South Korean port of Jinhae, the U.S. Navy and South Korean officials confirmed Wednesday. It's capable of precisely striking North Korea's core facilities in support of Special Operation Forces missions.
Thousands of Adelie penguin chicks wiped out in Antarctica
Rod Downie, head of polar programmes at WWF said: 'Adelie penguins are one of the hardiest and most unbelievable animals on our planet.
Yonhap quoted a South Korean official who said the Tucson "had left" and that the U.S. Navy "did not disclose its next destination".
Reportedly armed with more than 150 Tomahawk tactical missiles with a range of around 2,000 km, the 18,000-ton MI is one of the largest submarines in the world.
The Navy said its guided-missile submarines provide the Navy with unprecedented strike and special operation mission capabilities from a stealthy, clandestine platform.
The Michigan, homeported in Bremerton, Washington, and is forward deployed from Guam. "Everyone on board is mission ready, and I'm proud of being their commanding officer".
- Turkey accelerates Idlib military deployment
- 'Westworld' Star Evan Rachel Wood Weighs In On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- Mika Singh urges Punjab government to rescue woman from Saudi Arabia
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For CECO Environmental Corp. (NASDAQ:CECE)
- USA military to ground CH-53 choppers after crash-landing in Japan's Okinawa
- IOS 11 aurait atteint un taux d'installation de 48%
- Pink regrets taking sides in Taylor Swift-Katy Perry feud
- Criminal Minds: Season 13; Shemar Moore Returning to CBS Series This Month
- Roswell: Series Reboot in the Works at The CW
- USDA: Climbing acres, corn bushels, shrinking soy production