Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says that his country, which recently announced plans to buy S-400 surface-to-air missile systems from Russia, is also interested in acquiring a future Russian missile system that is still under development, RFE/RL reports.
"In our talks with (Russia President Vladimir) Putin we are not thinking of stopping with the S-400s. We have had talks on the S-500s too", Erdogan said, speaking to reporters as he returned from a trip to Ukraine and Serbia, as cited by Habertürk newspaper.
Ankara's decision to buy the S-400s has been seen in some Western capitals as a snub to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, given tensions with Moscow over Ukraine and Syria, while the deal raised concern because the weapons can not be integrated into the alliance's defences. "We have had talks on the S-500s too", he added, referring to a missile system now under development.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)- Deliverance of Ownership on Performance
AMD's 9-day MACD now sits below the 20-day MACD, indicating that AMD's upside momentum has decreased during the last three weeks. At the end of 6/30/2017 reporting period, 256 institutional holders increased their position in Advanced Micro Devices, Inc .
According to The National Interest magazine, the S-500 will be an analogue of the United States' Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system (THAAD) and will be "more effective against stealth aircraft".
On September 12, Moscow and Ankara reached an agreement on the delivery of S-400 systems to Turkey.
- GOP lawmaker drafts bill requiring journalists to register with police
- Western Digital nous promet des disques durs de 40 To
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Perpignan se sépare de Sione Tau, suspendu deux ans pour dopage — Rugby
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- Hear Gucci Mane's New Album 'Mr. Davis'
- Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
- Soldiers reveal gender of fallen comrade's baby in Facebook video
- Couple Miraculously Survives California Wildfire in Neighbor's Pool
- Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion