An eyewitness told The Cairns Post newspaper he could do nothing as he watched the incident unfold on Friday afternoon.
Located halfway between Cairns and Townsville, Mission Beach attracts backpackers making their way down the Queensland coast, and multiple companies offer skydiving in the area.
"I was just watching him in free fall until he went behind the trees, and that was the last I saw".
There are reports that three people have died after a skydiving accident near a beach in Brisbane. "I had my heart in my mouth".
Chan sisters, Chang cruise into quarters in Hong Kong
Was it the added pressure of playing in Japan that did her in? Then the same thing happened at the Toray Pan Pacific Open. It might have been "a grudge match", her defeating Kerber in the Open and now Kerber overpowering her.
The divers, one of whom is believed to be an instructor, were in their 30s and 40s.
Paramedics were called to Alexandra Drive, Mission Beach, shortly after 3pm.
'Police investigators and other agencies remain at the scene.
- NASA says asteroid passed near Earth
- Critiqué pour son HLM parisien, Alexis Corbière s'énerve et se dit "exemplaire"
- Non, Google n'achètera pas Apple pour 9 milliards de dollars
- 'New Mutants': Josh Boone Teases the Arrival of the First Trailer
- Sri Lanka Makes Arrests in $60 Million Taiwanese Bank Cyberheist
- Air quality puts Cal football's Friday matchup under haze of questions
- Cypress Head Women's Golf Association supports Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Bambawale appointed as next Indian ambassador to China
- Reliance Capital-Nippon AMC IPO to raise Rs 1500 cr
- NAB references: Hearing adjourned due to police-lawyers spat outside accountability court