An eyewitness told The Cairns Post newspaper he could do nothing as he watched the incident unfold on Friday afternoon.
Located halfway between Cairns and Townsville, Mission Beach attracts backpackers making their way down the Queensland coast, and multiple companies offer skydiving in the area.
"I was just watching him in free fall until he went behind the trees, and that was the last I saw".
There are reports that three people have died after a skydiving accident near a beach in Brisbane. "I had my heart in my mouth".
More than £170m in old pounds in our homes to become worthless
And another 1.1m households have no intention of changing over their old coins, a survey by 3D printing company 3Doodler found.
The divers, one of whom is believed to be an instructor, were in their 30s and 40s.
Paramedics were called to Alexandra Drive, Mission Beach, shortly after 3pm.
'Police investigators and other agencies remain at the scene.
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos scores first goal in almost a year
- IIO deployed to fatal officer-involved shooting in Qualicum Beach
- Kindergarten teacher missing after bailing out known felon
- Holland's Nuon finishes streets ahead in 2017 World Solar Challenge
- Family "Heartbroken" After Woman Found Dead In Belfast
- Un kit pour les premières règles lancé par une Rennaise
- Penn State Preparing for Texas A&M to Pursue James Franklin
- Cypress Head Women's Golf Association supports Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Cole Miller attacker gets seven-year term
- NASA says asteroid passed near Earth