The rumblings at the time were that while Arsenal had beaten Liverpool's offer for the player, Lemar preferred Anfield and Champions League football to London and the Europa League, and it was simply too late for either Arsenal to change his mind or for Liverpool to raise their bid or otherwise convince Monaco to sell.
January, in football, never say never, but this is not what we're thinking of, this is really not in our plans. "At the same time it was just too late with not enough time to really follow up on the deal and so not all the elements of the puzzle fell into place".
"Then we have to wait and see how the team does in different competitions, if we have an interest in him and what his ambitions after the World Cup are". We are very happy that we managed to keep him.
The Reds made many attempts late on in the window to land the France global, but were knocked back by a Monaco side eager to keep hold of their key players after a number of departures.
The Monaco vice-president has opened up over several of the sides key players and hints that one Man City and Man United target will leave.
NZ First to hold joint caucus/board meeting on Monday
A National/NZ First government would have 65 seats, while a Labour/Greens/NZ First government would have 63 seats. The political uncertainty has pushed the New Zealand dollar down 2.9 percent against the US dollar since the vote.
"He's very important, we can always count on". I'm very happy he stayed with us. "But we realise at a certain moment it's right to let players go", he explained.
'We understand that we are basically a selling club and we accept that but at the same time we are in a good financial situation so we don't have to sell and we want to keep the club competitive, ' he said.
'These offers came late, very late, in the market so once you can not replace a player they (the offers) become even more hard to accept'.
"But we realise in Monaco that we have a certain model, that at a certain moment when we feel it's right we have to let players go in order to be successful again".
'This is not about making money, it's about being successful.
- Amazon to hire 120000 workers for holiday season
- Seniors miss out in private health insurance overhaul
- Oxford plans to become world's first Zero Emission Zone
- Wall St draws little cheer from big bank earnings
- Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET) Rating Increased to Hold at BidaskClub
- Draymond Green laughs at the NBA's attempts to catch the Warriors
- Macalester grad's 'Jeopardy' streak comes to an end
- C'est signé pour le jeune Toufiqui — PSG
- Plusieurs blessés dans une fusillade, la piste terroriste écartée — Suède
- IndusInd Bank's Q2 net profit up 25%