The rumblings at the time were that while Arsenal had beaten Liverpool's offer for the player, Lemar preferred Anfield and Champions League football to London and the Europa League, and it was simply too late for either Arsenal to change his mind or for Liverpool to raise their bid or otherwise convince Monaco to sell.
January, in football, never say never, but this is not what we're thinking of, this is really not in our plans. "At the same time it was just too late with not enough time to really follow up on the deal and so not all the elements of the puzzle fell into place".
"Then we have to wait and see how the team does in different competitions, if we have an interest in him and what his ambitions after the World Cup are". We are very happy that we managed to keep him.
The Reds made many attempts late on in the window to land the France global, but were knocked back by a Monaco side eager to keep hold of their key players after a number of departures.
The Monaco vice-president has opened up over several of the sides key players and hints that one Man City and Man United target will leave.
Judge won't order officials to allow abortion
Paxton was joined in filing the brief by the attorneys general of Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, and SC . Jane Doe , a minor, successfully sought a judicial waver in lieu of parental consent so that she could get an abortion.
"He's very important, we can always count on". I'm very happy he stayed with us. "But we realise at a certain moment it's right to let players go", he explained.
'We understand that we are basically a selling club and we accept that but at the same time we are in a good financial situation so we don't have to sell and we want to keep the club competitive, ' he said.
'These offers came late, very late, in the market so once you can not replace a player they (the offers) become even more hard to accept'.
"But we realise in Monaco that we have a certain model, that at a certain moment when we feel it's right we have to let players go in order to be successful again".
'This is not about making money, it's about being successful.
- Robert Kubica test with Williams F1 team successful
- NZ First to hold joint caucus/board meeting on Monday
- Dana White Has Spoken With Vince McMahon Amid Conor McGregor Rumours
- Huddersfield boss Wagner insists Swansea clash not must-win
- Twitter restores account of actress Rose McGowan
- Gambit Release Set for February 2019
- Un nouveau gardien pour le Stade lavallois
- Vasilyev très clair pour Lemar — Monaco
- Carbon-monitoring OCO-2 satellite confirms that El Nino weather boosts CO2
- Seniors miss out in private health insurance overhaul