The automaker has issued a voluntary recall, which will apply to 11,000 Model X vehicles it would like to inspect - though it believes only 3 percent of those cars actually exhibit the issue. It should be noted that Tesla has not received any reports of this happening in customer cars - it discovered the problem during internal testing.
During testing, Tesla found that cables in the seats might not be in the right place, so the back left-side seats could move forward during a crash.
Tesla said it can make the adjustment using its mobile service vans so that customers don't have to take the SUV into a service center. In the past two months, we have conducted roughly 40% of the Takata airbag recall repairs via mobile service, and customer satisfaction results for our mobile service offering are consistently above 97%.
Tesla last week also announced that it increased production of Model S and Model X vehicles to an all-time best quarter of 26,150 vehicles, and anticipated it would deliver 100,000 of the luxury models in 2017 - a third more than in 2016.
UFC on Fox 26 in Winnipeg gets massive welterweight headliner
Former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos , meanwhile, has seen something of a resurgence since moving up to welterweight. Dos Anjos promised to make his fight with Woodley (18-3-1 MMA, 8-2-1 UFC ) an entertaining one by pushing the action.
It is the second time the model has been recalled because of problems with the seats.
Tesla on Thursday said that it is recalling Model X sport utility vehicles to fix second-row seat-backs which might shift forward during crashes. We will be contacting you soon to schedule this according to your preference. Note that this issue only affects Model X with fold-flat second row seats built between October 28, 2016 and August 16, 2017 and does not affect any vehicles with monopost seats.
"Until then, there is no issue with continuing to drive your Model X", Tesla wrote in the email.
The issue lies within the cables connected to that seat.
- France en novembre: Un choc Allemagne
- Kyrie Irving Sure Seems Happy To Be Out Of Cleveland
- Ethics panel: 'Substantial reason to believe' Collins broke federal law
- Paris Officially Says It's Phasing Out All Non-Electric Cars
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) Valuation According To Analysts
- FY2017 EPS Estimates for Axalta Coating Systems Ltd Decreased by Analyst (AXTA)
- Floods and landslides kill 37, leave 40 missing in Vietnam
- Peacock-Farrell makes loan switch from Leeds United to York City
- Firms Fundamental Overview: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
- Red flag warning issued for East Bay; weather conditions 'critical'