Among the questions referred to the bench include the question of whether or not any group of people - women in this case - can be prevented from entering a Hindu place of worship according to current laws. The petition was filed by the Indian Young Lawyers Association, challenging the custom of the temple to bar entry of women in the 10-50 age bracket (of menstruating age).
However, women aged between 10 and 50 years are restricted from taking the pilgrimage to Sabarimala temple as they can not maintain purity on account of menstruation. In January 2016, the court had questioned the ban, saying this can not be done under the Constitution.
A Bench of Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Justices R. Banumathi and Ashok Bhushan will pronounce the judgment on the reference. Equality is the basis of the religion.
Samuel Girard marque son premier but
Subban a ajouté un but dans un filet désert alors qu'il restait un peu moins de deux minutes à jouer au match. Jamie Benn avait procuré les devants aux Stars au premier tiers.
The court raised six questions on the issue to be considered by the Constitution bench.
On November 7 previous year, the Kerala Government has announced in the court the women of all ages are permitted inside the historic Sabarimala temple.
Noting that this is not the first time that the Kerala government has changed its stand, the court asked the state to "unequivocally clarify its position". I am sure the judgement will also be very positive and landmark."Another women right activist Saswati Ghosh also pinned her faith on the apex court's decision". The court had said that "gender discrimination in such a matter is unacceptable". I am hoping that tomorrow also entry of women in Sabarimala would be positive.
Senior counsel K.K. Venugopal appearing for the Travancore Davaswom Board, which manages the Sabarimala temple, had requested the bench to the matter to a constitution bench. It recently held that the practice of divorcing a woman by chanting "talaq, talaq, talaq" was illegal as it violated Muslim women's fundamental rights.
- Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer storm into Shanghai Masters quarters
- Irishman Bennett wins stage one in Turkey
- England forewarned ahead of Ashes
- Sky records 'strong' start to the year
- Chan sisters, Chang cruise into quarters in Hong Kong
- Pourquoi il pose problème à l'Assemblée nationale — Drapeau européen
- Unreleased Whitney Houston music
- Penn State Preparing for Texas A&M to Pursue James Franklin
- Reliance Capital-Nippon AMC IPO to raise Rs 1500 cr
- Critiqué pour son HLM parisien, Alexis Corbière s'énerve et se dit "exemplaire"