It had said that the 11 November past year order, suspending all licences which "permit sale of fireworks, wholesale and retail within the territory of NCR", was passed by the court keeping in view the situation that had arisen after last Diwali.
"We are pained at communal remarks on the verdict".
Later, on September 12, 2017, the apex court had provisionally lifted its former order and permitted trade of firecrackers.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday witnessed group of traders seeking a modification in its order on its October 9 order of ban on sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR till November 1. "Ban should be imposed on big firecrackers", Ramdev said as reported by the DNA. "It is sad", the top court said while hearing the petition of traders to modify the order today.
The court, while banning the sale of firecrackers till 1 November, had also said that its 12 September order temporarily lifting the stay and permitting sale of firecrackers, would be made effective only from November one.
USS Tucson, supersonic bomber deployed to South Korea
It's capable of precisely striking North Korea's core facilities in support of Special Operation Forces missions. A Los Angeles-class attack submarine made a stop in the South Korean port of Jinhae, the U.S.
Traders and sellers of firecrackers have opposed the order of the apex court as it hurts their business badly during Diwali celebrations.
At the outset, senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for the firecracker traders, suggested to the bench that the sale of crackers should be allowed at least a day or two before Diwali.
According to media reports, the traders after the Supreme Court judgement were asking customers to place an order via whatsapp. "We have also directed the people not to use fire crackers within the radius of 500 meters from Indane bottling plant situated in Badshahpur and 100 meters away from fuel stations", Singh said.
Diwali celebrates the victory of good over evil.
- Apple will produce smartphones only with Face ID starting 2018
- Jagr making Flames debut Wednesday vs. Kings
- USDA: Climbing acres, corn bushels, shrinking soy production
- Atlanta mayor calls marijuana veto rumor "political stunt" by City Council president
- TF1 large leader grâce à la série Contact
- Pink regrets taking sides in Taylor Swift-Katy Perry feud
- IOS 11 aurait atteint un taux d'installation de 48%
- Singapore c.bank keeps policy on hold, opens door to 2018 tightening
- Argentina, France, Poland seeded in World Cup finals draw pots
- Parineeti Chopra Says Arjun Kapoor Is Lucky To Work With Her