Viacom Inc VIAB.O said on Wednesday that Charter Communications CHTR.O subscribers may lose access to its channels such as MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeonon as the expiration looms for a distribution deal between the companies.
"Despite our efforts, Charter continues to insist on unreasonable and extreme terms that are totally inconsistent with the market", Viacom said in its statement. "While we're making every effort to reach a new deal, Charter's actions may force a disruption in their service".
Que reproche-t-on à Richard Ferrand dans l'affaire des Mutuelles de Bretagne ?
Le 1er juin, la justice avait décidé d'ouvrir une enquête préliminaire notamment après les révélations du Canard Enchaîné . Depuis le début de l'affaire, Richard Ferrand a toujours nié toute irrégularité de sa part .
Viacom, facing being kicked off Charter Communications' cable systems when its distribution agreement expires on October 15, says that under the proposals it has made Charter would pay less for Viacom's channel than it now pays. A blackout would affect 16.5 million subscribers, thanks to the company's expansion when it bought Time Warner Cable a year ago.
Viacom says its offers would allow Spectrum customers to keep the channels, allow Spectrum to lower its customers' bills and give consumers more choice.
"They don't have the contractual right to tier our services the way they have", Viacom CEO Bob Bakish told investors in August.
- Luiz Gustavo s'exprime sur la Ligue 1 et le Classico
- Affaire Weinstein : Des dirigeants d'Amazon accusés à leur tour et suspendus !
- OnePlus 5T with a big, full screen display leaked in new image
- Diwali Sale: Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm Mall Gear Up For Festive Discounts
- Coupe du monde de mini-foot : La Tunisie en quarts de finale
- Tamil Nadu government jacks up liquor prices to boost coffers
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi 'considering fresh start at Manchester City'
- L'État français savait-il — Lafarge en Syrie
- Destiny 2's Prestige Raid will still contain that infamous exploit at launch
- Ce "mandat de rêve" qu'elle convoite — Rachida Dati