It was the second Falcon 9 liftoff this week, coming after a launch from California on Monday that successfully put 10 Iridium Next telecom satellites in orbit.
The unmanned, re-used Falcon 9 booster lifted off from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida at 18: 53 EDT and successfully deployed the two and a half ton EchoStar 105/SES-11 to the geostationary orbit some 22,000 miles (36,000 kilometers) above the equator.
Earlier booster reflights took place in March and June.
Following stage separation, Falcon 9's first stage successfully landed on the "Of Course I Still Love You" droneship, which is stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.
Allianz, Shapoorji Pallonji partner to set up $500 mln India fund
The development comes at a time when commercial real estate has outdone other segments of the market. Ltd acted as advisors to Allianz, while JLL, AZB and PwC were advisors to Shapoorji Pallonji Group .
Good things came in threes for SpaceX today: For the third time, it used a previously flown Falcon 9 rocket booster to send a payload into space, and had that booster land itself on an oceangoing platform.
SES intends to use SES 11 to deliver High Definition (HD) and Ultra-HD channels.
The hybrid satellite is created to operate from geostationary orbit over North America for 15 years. "We are also proud to launch on another SpaceX flight-proven Falcon 9 rocket and to continuously participate in innovative technology developments within the launch industry". That first stage also was recovered.
Gwynne Shotwell, President and COO at SpaceX, "We are pleased to continue working together with SES, a company that strongly supports innovation and SpaceX's proven launch capabilities".
- Life is Strange Before the Storm, l'épisode 2 dévoilé !
- Chan sisters, Chang cruise into quarters in Hong Kong
- Local chapter reacts to Boy Scouts accepting girls
- Supreme Court to deliver verdict on women entering Kerala's Sabarimala temple today
- Pourquoi il pose problème à l'Assemblée nationale — Drapeau européen
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos scores first goal in almost a year
- Tyrese Gibson Posts Video Of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
- More than £170m in old pounds in our homes to become worthless
- FDA To Advise New NIH/Biopharmaceutical Partnership On Immunotherapy
- Three people killed in skydiving accident at Mission Beach, Queensland