"PlayStation VR was created to open a doorway into thrilling and captivating new worlds that electrify our senses", said Layden We are confident that virtual reality is that next step in in the evolution of the videogame medium.
"But we've been learning a lot about this medium along the way", Layden continued. "Or maybe even an entirely new alphabet!" claimed Layden. Unlike with traditional video game development, there isn't a huge pool of virtual reality successes and failures to learn from and iterate on.
"VR is a little bit different". "Making VR a mainstream sensation will require the full efforts of our very best and brightest".
Hunt: Showdown Coming to Steam Early Access
More game modes, more traits, crafting, and further map variations throughout Early Access. This new version of Hunt is a complete rethink of the concept, by a new team at Crytek.
So what's next? For starters, I can tell you the best is yet to come. This doesn't include the almost 50 other VR games slated for 2017.
Blockbusters like Skyrim VR, Bravo Team and The Inpatient will join the ranks of Farpoint, Resident Evil 7, and Batman: Arkham VR. And as we celebrate today, I want to give my sincerest thanks to the adventurous teams who helped create, shape, and build PlayStation VR.
Writing on the PlayStation blog, Layden said that over 100 gaming experiences have been released for the headset and that one million plus gamers have "taken the plunge into virtual reality". Looks like there's a good few months of gaming ahead. And the answer is simple: the extraordinary! Are you ready to explore?
- 'Blockers' Restricted Trailer Starring John Cena and Leslie Mann
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
- Couple Miraculously Survives California Wildfire in Neighbor's Pool
- Delhi student Gurmehar Kaur on Time magazine's Gen-Next leaders' list
- Apple pourrait généraliser FaceID en 2018 — IPhone
- Soldiers reveal gender of fallen comrade's baby in Facebook video
- GOP lawmaker drafts bill requiring journalists to register with police
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Perpignan se sépare de Sione Tau, suspendu deux ans pour dopage — Rugby