How many of you are using Bixby regularly? Bixby 2.0 is expected to be an upgraded version of the assistant that we already have, and although not too much is known about the update just yet, there are a couple key features that we can supposedly look forward to. News out for South Korea today suggests that some Bixby improvements could be coming soon, though.
Samsung will be holding a developer conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, October 18, and according to a new report from The Korea Herald, this is where the company will be announcing Bixby 2.0.
This could be down to the lack of support and integration it offers with a range of services and products, but blame could also be laid at the door of the Google Assistant, which was present and fully functional on the Galaxy S8 from its launch.
His appointment is seen by some industry watchers as a virtual replacement of the head of Bixby development.
Samsung has helped a great deal to promote the current trend of smartphones with almost bezel-free displays, thanks to the success of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, and more recently the Galaxy Note 8.
Gov. Baker to pay respects to victims during Las Vegas trip
A public memorial service for LeRocque is planned for Saturday at 10:30 a.m.in the auditorium of Tewksbury Memorial High School. Rhonda LeRocque, of Tewksbury, was at the concert with her husband, Jason, their 6-year-old daughter and her father-in law.
Moving Bixby to smartwatches seems like the most natural next step.
Samsung is also reportedly set to release a Bixby speaker.
Bixby might not ever become as popular or powerful as Google Assistant or Amazon's Alexa, but with a new exec leading the charge and a big 2.0 release less than a week away, it certainly seems like Samsung is going to try it's best to do so.
Chung Eui-suk is now the head of Samsung's service intelligence group and in charge of further developing Bixby. He had previously worked for Ericsson and Samsung's smartphone research center.
- Louis Tomlinson Feels Your Pain in Surprise Song 'Just Like You'
- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOX) Earns News Impact Rating of 0.24
- Box adds machine learning to cloud storage with Box Skills
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) Rating Reiterated by Jefferies Group LLC
- Navy relieves of duties top officers of USS McCain
- Monarch Capital Management Inc. Decreases Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2: Most Powerful Items Will Be Earned In-Game
- Hero Steps In to Keep Metro Open Late for Game 5
- Nintendo releases new Super Mario Odyssey "Jump Up, Super Star!" musical video
- Amazon Studios chief on leave after report