The Sentinel-5P satellite of the European Space Agency (ESA) is scheduled to lift off aboard a Rockot launch vehicle at 5:27 a.m. EDT (0927 GMT) from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in northern Russian Federation.
In this frame grab taken from the video distributed by Roscosmos Space Agency Press Service, The European Space Agency's Sentinel-5P satellite launches by a Rokot missile from the Plesetsk launch pad in northwestern Russia, Friday, Oct. 13, 2017.
The European Space Agency's Sentinel-5P satellite was launched by a Rokot missile from the Plesetsk launch pad in northwestern Russian Federation.
"This has been a major work program for United Kingdom space technology companies, but data from the Sentinel satellites is why Copernicus exists, data that benefits the United Kingdom in areas such as emergency response, flooding, farming, environmental management, rural payments, air quality, marine planning and fisheries".
After separating from the upper stage booster, the satellite deployed its solar panels and began communications with Earth, the ESA said.
"The first signal was received 93 minutes after launch as the satellite passed over the Kiruna station in Sweden", it said. You can also watch the launch directly from the ESA here.
Un agent du renseignement envoie un SMS à l'islamiste qu'il surveille
L'individu sous surveillance s'est empressé de rappeler le policier pour lui faire part de son incompétence. Les jours suivants, il a indiqué à ses interlocuteurs au téléphone qu'ils sont sur écoute.
It's the sixth satellite in the ESA's Copernicus program. The satellite will map the global atmosphere every day, helping study air pollution.
"At this detail, air pollution over cities can be detected".
The Copernicus programme is named after the 16th-century Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus, who determined that the Earth orbited the sun, and not the other way round.
The Dutch designed instrument will make daily maps of polluting gases and particles known to be harmful to health.
By mapping areas stricken by flood or quake, Copernicus will also help emergency teams identify the worst-hit areas and locate passable roads, rail lines and bridges.
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte not wanted by AC Milan - club director
- Senator Susan Collins Will Not Run for Governor of Maine
- Nokia Corporation (NOK) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Report Finds
- Maroc Automobile Actualité VoitureAuMaroc.com Renault Mégane : nouveau moteur Energy TCe 165
- United States retail sales surge, driven by autos and gasoline purchases
- Dollar edges down, awaits U.S. inflation data for potential relief
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) Analytical Analysis
- Sex with minor wife, despite consent, is rape
- United Kingdom army chief on Pak visit
- Guns N' Roses Joined By Surprise Guest At Madison Square Garden