The high winds and extremely dry air that combined to fan flames overnight in numerous spots in the North Bay should ease after sunrise, the National Weather Service says.
Friday and Saturday will see a Fire Weather Watch throughout the region, a similar warning one step below Red Flag in severity.
A wind advisory in the North Bay is in effect until 11 a.m., and a red flag warning will likely remain in effect into Monday evening. It includes the Santa Monica Mountains, the San Fernando Valley, the Santa Clarita Valley, Santa Barbara County's south coast and mountains, the Ventura County Mountains, and Los Angeles County Mountains.
Jodrell Bank selected as United Kingdom candidate for World Heritage site nomination
The Discovery Centre at the site sees 185,000 visitors each year, including 26,000 school pupils on educational visits. The project consists of developing a visitor exhibition comprising of the history of Radio Astronomy .
Relative Humidity.Minimum values in the low teens and single digits. The northern fires have claimed 29 lives as of Thursday afternoon and have consumed more than 120,000 acres. North to northeast winds are forecast to hit 25 miles per hour, with gusts at 45 miles per hour, at elevations above 1,500 feet.
Relative humidity will range between 10-20 percent during the day, and 30-40 percent at night.
Late Wednesday night the National Weather Service (NWS) issued a Red Flag warning covering the East Bay Hills, San Jose, Monterey, and most of San Mateo County, as strong winds threaten to add to Northern California's fire crisis.
- Kyrie Irving Sure Seems Happy To Be Out Of Cleveland
- Calif. parental leave expanded for parents to bond with newborns
- Bank results fail to inspire Wall Street
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Make a note of Analyst's Recommendations: Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- FY2017 EPS Estimates for Axalta Coating Systems Ltd Decreased by Analyst (AXTA)
- Swedish shooting not a terror attack
- Tesla to recall 11000 Model X SUVs due to seat issue
- Analyst cuts his forecast of 2017 Apple iPhone X production by 10%
- Charlottesville Police Charge DeAndre Harris with Unlawful Wounding