Prince Harry has been following in his mother's footsteps, recently visiting HIV clinics, attending the International AIDS Conference in South Africa, and taking an HIV test on Facebook Live in order to urge people to get tested.
The popular royal, looking dashing in a tuxedo, was there to accept the legacy award on behalf of Princess Diana, and he spoke about her determination to raise the profile of HIV, with the aim to change the perception and lessen ignorance on the issue.
Prince Harry said if his mother were still alive, she would be "standing alongside" those living with HIV.
She did so without gloves, publicly challenging the stigma and notion that HIV/Aids was passed from person to person by touch.
"She knew that AIDS was one of the things that many people wanted to ignore and seemed like a hopeless challenge". "She knew that the misunderstanding of this relatively new disease was creating a risky situation when mixed with homophobia".
Brendan Rodgers says Celtic duo likely to make Bayern Munich trip
Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that the injured trio of Scott Brown , Stuart Armstrong and Jozo Simunovic will be ready to face Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday.
He mentioned the famous photograph of his mother shaking hands with a dying AIDS patient in a hospice and said she knew exactly what she was doing.
Talking to the crowd, Harry said he, and brother Prince William, were incredibly proud of her determination.
If she were still alive, he said she "would be demanding" free and available testing and treatment for people all across the world.
"I believe that she would be telling everyone across society - not just those most at risk - that with effective treatment being free and available in the United Kingdom, that we must all embrace regular testing - both for our own sake and for those that we love".
Attitude unveiled a limited-edition cover with a photo of Diana by Patrick Demarchelier.
- Furniture Row Racing to field one auto in 2018 NASCAR Cup Series
- Analyst cuts his forecast of 2017 Apple iPhone X production by 10%
- Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
- Tesla to recall 11000 Model X SUVs due to seat issue
- Jodrell Bank selected as United Kingdom candidate for World Heritage site nomination
- Man of the hour Thomas eyes 'threepeat' in Malaysia
- Aguero accepts prospect of Man City signing Messi is 'complicated'
- John Calipari frustrated by Federal Bureau of Investigation questions on "Media Day, not Coach Day"
- Melania visits families dealing with addiction; Ivana calls FLOTUS 'family'
- Parents of Missing 3-Year-Old Texas Girl Not Cooperating With Police