Chicago Ald. Ameya Pawar withdrew from the crowded Democratic race for IL governor today and announced he is launching a new political action committee. Pawar blames finances for not being able to expand resources and it would either boil down to added personal debt to his "young family" or to cut staff.
Overall, the campaign had raised $828,000, but it still wasn't enough, Pawar said in the statement.
"The race for IL governor will set a record as the costliest race in American history". With the announcement of the end of his campaign came the announcement of a political action committee called One Illinois.
He said he entered the race for governor because one of his goals "was to force a conversation on progressive values and shine a light on how race, class and geography are used to drive a wedge between communities and prevent progressive change". Ameya Pawar (47th) announced Thursday he is ending his bid for governor, saying he doesn't have the money to continue his campaign.
(SD)-Sturgis High Cancels Homecoming Over Racism Concerns
The football game between the Scoopers and Pine Ridge Thorpes is in jeopardy of being cancelled. Even those at the SDHSAA office in Pierre have taken complaints against the student's actions.
"Ameya Pawar ran an incredible campaign that elevated the effects of systemic inequality on working families".
Bringing on Cairo mayor, Tyrone Coleman as his running mate for lieutenant governor in late August was considered the first multicultural pairing to run for the state's highest public office.
"Good candidates are being pushed out of races by big money and insiders", Biss said.
Six democrats remain the gubernatorial race. "I agree with Ameya that we are one IL, and it is time to unite our party and our state".
- Golden Knights expect wide range of emotions for home opener
- 37 morts, 40 disparus dans des inondations liées aux intempéries — Vietnam
- Life is Strange Before the Storm, l'épisode 2 dévoilé !
- Singapore c.bank keeps policy on hold, opens door to 2018 tightening
- Philip Hammond 'must be sacked for not supporting Brexit' - Tory right
- Arun Jaitley bats for inclusion of real estate sector in GST
- BASF to acquire parts of Bayer's crop science ops for €5.9bn
- Pink regrets taking sides in Taylor Swift-Katy Perry feud
- Three people killed in skydiving accident at Mission Beach, Queensland
- SpaceX Orbits Dual-Purpose Satellite for SES, EchoStar