Paris announced it will ban all gas- and diesel-fueled cars within city limits by 2030, allowing only electric vehicles onto its streets, according to Reuters.
Paris is planning to ban all but electric cars by 2030. A year later, however, the agency measuring air pollution said the move had no significant impact on residents' exposure to carbon emissions citywide.
"We have planned the end of thermic vehicle use, and therefore of fossil energies, by 2030", Paris deputy mayor in charge of transport Christophe Nadjovski said Thursday on France Info radio, according to The Associated Press. "Transport is one of the main greenhouse gas producers". In order to achieve the goal of an end to the thermal engines in 2030, the City has made a decision to invest in the development of alternatives and in the reinforcement of financial aids that allow individuals and professionals to buy clean vehicles. "This is about planning for the long term with a strategy that will reduce greenhouse gases". Officials have also approved days of free public transportation, introduced rentable bikes and electric cars in the city and banned traffic from the popular Champs-Elysees Avenue once a month, among other measures.
Houston police chief proposes friendly bet to NYC chief if Astros win
Gardner had three hits, a run and a key RBI in the ninth on Wednesday in Game 5 , but Judge came up empty 0-for-5 with four Ks. As if that were not enough, NY has some intangibles in play as it goes into the series with Houston .
Less than two weeks after Paris celebrated its third annual Day Without Cars, its mayor has decreed that the schedule for moving out fossil-fuel powered cars is moving up. "If we want to achieve this, it implies that the end of diesel and gasoline should take place several years in advance in urban areas, and particularly in big cities".
On the heels of France and the United Kingdom announcing plans to phase out sales of combustion-engined cars by 2040, the state of California is mulling a similar move much earlier than the 2040 target date, . The deadline for those cars is 2024, which is when the city will play host to the Olympic games.
There are about 32 million household cars in France, where the population is about 66 million, according to 2016 data from the Argus, an automobile industry publication.
- Appeals court reinstates Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension by NFL
- Raptors will avoid staying at Trump hotels during upcoming National Basketball Association season
- US flew bombers over Korean peninsula late Tuesday: South Korea military
- Six Injured During Attempted NC Prison Escape
- Prolongation de l'Etat d'urgence d'un mois — Tunisie
- Prince William commemorates New Zealand soldiers who fell at Passchendaele
- Michael Jordan says super teams make other 28 teams 'garbage'
- 'Stranger Things' spoofs 'Friday the 13th' in creepy trailer
- The ESRB does not consider loot boxes to be gambling
- Endeavour Silver Corp's (EDR) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at HC Wainwright