The 21-year-old has featured in all seven of the Magpies Premier League games to date, starting six, and has impressed fans and boss Rafael Benitez within that time span.
Merino acts as a shield for a defence who have conceded just five league goals so far in 2017/18 - a statistic only bettered by top two Manchester City and Manchester United - but is also reliable in possession and important in moving the play forwards.
IOS 11 aurait atteint un taux d'installation de 48%
Comme quoi, même avec une bêta, il est difficile de repérer tous les problèmes. Apple vient de déployer une nouvelle mise à jour iOS estampillée 11.0.3.
The Spain Under-21 worldwide joined Rafael Benitez's men on loan from Borussia Dortmund ahead of the current campaign, having struggled to make an impression at Signa Iduna Park.
Manager Benitez added: "I'm really pleased we have been able to bring Mikel to the club permanently".
Ahead of their first campaign back in the Premier League, Newcastle revealed that they had agreed the season-long loan of the Spanish Under-21 global, who had struggled for game time in the Bundesliga.
- Apple will produce smartphones only with Face ID starting 2018
- USS Tucson, supersonic bomber deployed to South Korea
- Watsco, Inc. (NYSE:WSO) Trading Volume Significantly Lower
- USDA: Climbing acres, corn bushels, shrinking soy production
- How bromances are threatening heterosexual relationships
- Terrorists hurl grenade at Kashmir beauty parlour, three girls injured
- Turkey accelerates Idlib military deployment
- Argentina, France, Poland seeded in World Cup finals draw pots
- Jagr making Flames debut Wednesday vs. Kings
- Thousands of Adelie penguin chicks wiped out in Antarctica