The 21-year-old has featured in all seven of the Magpies Premier League games to date, starting six, and has impressed fans and boss Rafael Benitez within that time span.
Merino acts as a shield for a defence who have conceded just five league goals so far in 2017/18 - a statistic only bettered by top two Manchester City and Manchester United - but is also reliable in possession and important in moving the play forwards.
Mika Singh urges Punjab government to rescue woman from Saudi Arabia
The woman informed that she is living in the city of Dawadmi in Saudi Arabia, which is 200 km from the capital Riyadh. She appeals to the Aam Aadmi Party's Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann to rescue her. "They will kill me".
The Spain Under-21 worldwide joined Rafael Benitez's men on loan from Borussia Dortmund ahead of the current campaign, having struggled to make an impression at Signa Iduna Park.
Manager Benitez added: "I'm really pleased we have been able to bring Mikel to the club permanently".
Ahead of their first campaign back in the Premier League, Newcastle revealed that they had agreed the season-long loan of the Spanish Under-21 global, who had struggled for game time in the Bundesliga.
- Arturo Vidal prend sa retraite internationale — Chili
- Des puces pour suivre les athlètes à la trace?
- USS Tucson, supersonic bomber deployed to South Korea
- Trend of killing all opposition risky : Bombay HC on Gauri Lankesh
- Atlanta mayor calls marijuana veto rumor "political stunt" by City Council president
- USDA: Climbing acres, corn bushels, shrinking soy production
- TF1 large leader grâce à la série Contact
- IOS 11 aurait atteint un taux d'installation de 48%
- Turkey accelerates Idlib military deployment
- Jagr making Flames debut Wednesday vs. Kings