"By committing to a schedule of VR games, we've been able to listen to fan feedback in real-time and deploy improvements on a weekly basis", said Jeff Marsilio, NBA Vice President, Global Media Distribution.
It raced ahead of the competition previous year by streaming weekly live games in VR. Today they announced that they're doing it again, starting with a free preview on October 21st when the Houston Rockets host the Dallas Mavericks.
NextVR will debut new product features including live volumetric telestration, live infographics and dynamic stats inserted into the virtual scene, and user-selected point-of-view. "The fan response has been overwhelmingly positive, and we look forward to seeing their reaction to this year's new VR capabilities". Now, it's making its entire season immersive for League Pass subscribers.
There's also a new feature called Screening Room, which will allow subscribers to watch any NBA League Pass game on a giant 2D virtual movie theater-sized screen even if the game isn't being streamed in VR. This virtual screen will enable fans to select up to 13 games to livestream.
Arthur J Gallagher & Co (AJG) Analysts See $0.80 EPS
If you are viewing this news story on another site, it was illegally copied and republished in violation of global copyright law. The firm owned 245,172 shares of the financial services provider's stock after selling 129,400 shares during the period.
"Following a groundbreaking first season of National Basketball Association games in VR, we will introduce new product features, including real-time graphics floating like holograms within the field-of-play, deliver sharper images, and introduce more VR devices to fans", NextVR CEO David Cole said in a statement.
Now the question of the price of course, for $200 League Pass owners will get the full experience, if that is too steep you can order the game you want for $7 via the NBA's on-demand-service.
- Bank results fail to inspire Wall Street
- Swedish shooting not a terror attack
- Peacock-Farrell makes loan switch from Leeds United to York City
- Kyrie Irving Sure Seems Happy To Be Out Of Cleveland
- Man of the hour Thomas eyes 'threepeat' in Malaysia
- Raptors will avoid staying at Trump hotels during upcoming National Basketball Association season
- Aguero accepts prospect of Man City signing Messi is 'complicated'
- Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
- Jodrell Bank selected as United Kingdom candidate for World Heritage site nomination
- Ethics panel: 'Substantial reason to believe' Collins broke federal law