External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj has asked the Indian Embassy in Riyadh to respond to a video of a woman from Punjab in which she alleges torture by her employers in Saudi Arabia and asks AAP parliamentarian Bhagwant Mann for help.
While narrating her ordeal, the woman, believed to be aged between 20-22 years, broke down several times in the video.
Accusing her employers of beating her on several occasions, she also claimed that she is not being given food for many days and is kept locked inside a room. She appeals to the Aam Aadmi Party's Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann to rescue her.
"They will kill me". Please save me and take me from here. Please help me. I am badly trapped here. I am in deep distress.
Singapore c.bank keeps policy on hold, opens door to 2018 tightening
The Singapore dollar slipped after the MAS policy decision, and was last down 0.1 per cent on the day at 1.3540 per U.S. dollar. The bank forecast the city-state economy to grow at the upper half of the 2-3 percent range in 2017.
The woman said that she somehow managed to reach the police for help, however, she was ill-treated by the officials and was kicked out of the police station and sent back to the same house. It's been a year since she shifted and since then she is tolerating torture each day. My employer abuses me and forces me to work 'round the clock.
The woman informed that she is living in the city of Dawadmi in Saudi Arabia, which is 200 km from the capital Riyadh.
A video of a woman, who hails from Punjab, has gone viral on the social media.
- Pawar ends gubernatorial campaign
- IOS 11 aurait atteint un taux d'installation de 48%
- Roswell: Series Reboot in the Works at The CW
- BASF to acquire parts of Bayer's crop science ops for €5.9bn
- 37 morts, 40 disparus dans des inondations liées aux intempéries — Vietnam
- Arun Jaitley bats for inclusion of real estate sector in GST
- Apple will produce smartphones only with Face ID starting 2018
- Provident Financial plc (PFG) Rating Reiterated by Numis Securities Ltd
- Terrorists hurl grenade at Kashmir beauty parlour, three girls injured
- Turkey accelerates Idlib military deployment