The reign of the former St. Paul student, now a NY bartender, ended after 12 episodes and $411,000 in winnings. The eccentric nerd managed to dominate the show for 12 games straight before being defeated by a mere $51 by stay-at-home mom Scarlett Simms.
The 12-day winning streak for a charismatic "Jeopardy!" contestant came to a close on Thursday night. "He was fun to be with and slightly irreverent", "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek said in a news release.
United Kingdom to conduct next clean energy auctions worth GBP557m in 2019
The UK Government has announced new funding worth up to £557m for the next round of renewable energy auctions, scheduled to take place in spring 2019.
Rogers' haul ranks fifth on the show's all-time non-tournament winning list- impressive but still far behind the $2.5 million Ken "So smart it took a supercomputer to beat him" Jennings won in 2004.
"I set myself a goal of two wins, and I exceeded that expectation".
"I don't really know (how I'll spend the money) other than I want to make sure that I'm all within tax law before doing anything stupid or frivolous", he said. "Or, like, Estonia. I've also wondered if a Steinway piano is a good investment", he says. He'll be back for the "Jeopardy!". He'll be back on "Jeopardy" on November 6 competing in the two-week tournament of champions.
- Featured Stock to See: Glu Mobile, Inc. (GLUU)
- Investors Buy Shares of Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) on Weakness
- C'est signé pour le jeune Toufiqui — PSG
- Le nouvel inculpé suspecté d'avoir fourni des explosifs — Attentats de Bruxelles
- Puerto Rico fights to recover weeks after hurricane
- Seniors miss out in private health insurance overhaul
- IndusInd Bank's Q2 net profit up 25%
- Un nouveau gardien pour le Stade lavallois
- Not forming new party: Mukul Roy
- La villa de Pablo Picasso à Mougins mise aux enchères