President Donald Trump has introduced his nominee for homeland security secretary.
"There will be no on-the-job training for Kirstjen", Trump said. If all moves according to plan, she will be taking up the position eventually replacing John F. Kelly who has been serving as the White House chief of staff. She served on Mr. Kirstjen Nielsen was a top White House aide until now and formerly worked at the department.
Nielsen is an attorney who has experience in homeland security and cybersecurity, having served on the White House Homeland Security Council under President George W. Bush.
Her nomination must now be confirmed by a vote in the Senate. She served as Kelly's chief of staff while he was secretary.
The big question is on whether or not he will succeed at sparking about order in the West Wing which is at the moment plagued by infighting and disorganization.
Houston police chief proposes friendly bet to NYC chief if Astros win
Gardner had three hits, a run and a key RBI in the ninth on Wednesday in Game 5 , but Judge came up empty 0-for-5 with four Ks. As if that were not enough, NY has some intangibles in play as it goes into the series with Houston .
As for this pick itself, Nielsen does appear on paper to be qualified for the position and it's about time that the role of DHS Secretary, which has been filled by a deputy since Kelly left in July, finally gets filled with a Presidential appointee.
Mr. Kelly pushed hard for her selection, making a personal appeal to Mr. Trump during a monthslong search process.
Trump opened up his announcement by praising Kelly's tenure as Homeland Security secretary, and then reiterated how glad he is that he is still in the White House.
Neilsen is an expert in homeland and national security policy.
"However, I am very concerned about her past work in the Bush Administration during its botched response to Hurricane Katrina and am fearful that DHS - as well as this President - has not learned all the lessons from that tragedy given what we are seeing unravel in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands".
- Snyder stands by Flint water crisis testimony
- Eerie Drone Video Shows USPS Carrier Delivering Mail in Burned California Neighborhood
- Netflix's She's Gotta Have It Official Trailer
- AT&T's TV Service Expected to Lose 390K Subscribers
- US flew bombers over Korean peninsula late Tuesday: South Korea military
- KeyBanc Believes Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) Won't Stop Here
- Featurette on Jason Momoa's Aquaman in Justice League
- The ESRB does not consider loot boxes to be gambling
- Endeavour Silver Corp's (EDR) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at HC Wainwright
- White House Lawyers Eager for Mueller to Interview Trump