Chance the Rapper joined the effort to send aid to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico in early October, announcing that his sold-out Hollywood Bowl concert would stream on YouTube and give viewers the option to make donations live to the charity Direct Relief.
The Friends alum donated a million dollars toward relief efforts, a source confirms to ET, with $500,000 going to the American Red Cross and another $500,000 to the Ricky Martin Foundation. In his recent statement, he revealed, "What you see on television doesn't do justice to the reality of Puerto Rico".
Florida nursing home where 14 patients died cut from Medicare
In the weeks since the storm, 14 patients have died, and many of those deaths can be attributed to the power loss in Irma. This week in a post-Irma debrief, Baxley said the residents were elderly and implied their deaths were inevitable.
He added of the desperate situation, "People are dying. We are still dealing with four million USA citizens who have no power after sixteen days". I spoke to victims who had to bury their relatives in the backyard because no help came to them after nearly ten days.
With the tragic storms that affected Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and the Caribbean, numbers of families were displaced and several victims really need the resources to rebuild their lives once more.
- New 2018 Aston Martin DB11 Volante uncovered
- PS. Aurélie Filippetti exclue de la fédération de Moselle
- City regulator met Saudi Aramco before unveiling new IPO rules
- Bank of America Profit Climbs, Despite Trading Slowdown
- Manchester United forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to return to training in November
- Adrien Silva Now Training With His Leicester City Teammates
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) Technical Analysis Indicators
- United Kingdom 'will have to pay' for leaving European Union , says Juncker
- Ajimobi urges speedy completion of FG's projects in S-West
- " Je joue de la musique, je respire musique " — Super Mario Odyssey