He said a Chinese pistol was recovered from possession of the arrested Jaish militant.
He said Gulzar was involved in attack on Akhtar at bus stand Tral on September 21 in which 3 civilians were killed and 30 persons including seven CRPF men and two police personnel injured.
During sustained questioning, Dar admitted that he had hurled the grenade on the instructions of JeM commander Mufti Vaqas, a resident of Pakistan, and Noor Mohammad Tantray, a local resident, the spokesman said.
The Jammu & Kashmir Police on Friday detained Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Gulzar Dar in Pulwama district's Tral.
Hotel evacuated, over 100 firefighters and helicopters battle on
The Twelve Apostles Hotel was being evacuated on Thursday evening as fires spread around the Oudekraal area. Two of the helicopters are coming down from the Eastern Cape while the 3 was on its way from George.
He said Gulzar was earlier active with Jaish in 2014.
"Gulzar Dar was captured during an operation in Pulwama", the spokesman said.
"During the searches, militants fired on the search party". They reacted to a cordon and search operation (CASO) that has now been lifted.
The troops pressed choppers into service to assist the troops on ground in nabbing the militants.
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Poignardée sous les yeux de ses quatre enfants — Nord
- Babar Azam, Malik help score 292/6 in first ODI against Sri Lanka
- Nouvelle Aston Martin D11 Volante
- Hunt: Showdown Coming to Steam Early Access
- Qualcomm asks China to halt manufacture, sale of iPhones
- Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- Québec précise ses exigences — Uber
- Apple pourrait généraliser FaceID en 2018 — IPhone