He said a Chinese pistol was recovered from possession of the arrested Jaish militant.
He said Gulzar was involved in attack on Akhtar at bus stand Tral on September 21 in which 3 civilians were killed and 30 persons including seven CRPF men and two police personnel injured.
During sustained questioning, Dar admitted that he had hurled the grenade on the instructions of JeM commander Mufti Vaqas, a resident of Pakistan, and Noor Mohammad Tantray, a local resident, the spokesman said.
The Jammu & Kashmir Police on Friday detained Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Gulzar Dar in Pulwama district's Tral.
Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
Hamas's capture of Gaza in 2007 ended an earlier - if short-lived - unity government established after Hamas swept 2006 Palestinian legislative polls.
He said Gulzar was earlier active with Jaish in 2014.
"Gulzar Dar was captured during an operation in Pulwama", the spokesman said.
"During the searches, militants fired on the search party". They reacted to a cordon and search operation (CASO) that has now been lifted.
The troops pressed choppers into service to assist the troops on ground in nabbing the militants.
- Hear Gucci Mane's New Album 'Mr. Davis'
- Stocks To Invest: Novavax, Inc. (NVAX), Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL)
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Poignardée sous les yeux de ses quatre enfants — Nord
- Hotel evacuated, over 100 firefighters and helicopters battle on
- Qualcomm asks China to halt manufacture, sale of iPhones
- GOP lawmaker drafts bill requiring journalists to register with police
- Hunt: Showdown Coming to Steam Early Access
- Governors play role of bridge between Centre & states: President Kovind
- Québec précise ses exigences — Uber