Search operations continued for the 11 Indian crew members who went missing after a cargo ship sank in the Pacific ocean off the Japan coast.
The Ministry also released a list of 15 Indians rescued by other vessels in the region. Our Missions in Japan, Philippines and China on the job, he tweeted.
"15 Indians rescued, search on for missing 11 following sinking of a ship off Okinawa".
Delhi student Gurmehar Kaur on Time magazine's Gen-Next leaders' list
She is placed in an impressive list with the likes of Star Wars actor John Boyega, YouTube sensation Lilly Singh, and South African Comedian Trevor Noah.
Sixteen of the 26 Indian crew aboard the Hong Kong-registered vessel had been rescued, while 10 others were still missing, said the Consulate-General, quoting information from the Japanese side, Xinhua news agency reported.
The Hong Kong-registered cargo ship was sailing almost 280 kilometres (174 miles) east of the northern tip of the Philippines.
"We have dispatched two patrol boats and three planes to the site but a typhoon has made a rescue hard", the spokesman added.
- Sony Celebrates PSVR's Birthday With New Trailer, Promises 60 New Games
- Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
- Governors play role of bridge between Centre & states: President Kovind
- Co-founders of Riot Games Step Down to Focus on New Projects
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:ETFC) Holding Above Moving Averages
- Book account of how an individual saw political drama unfolding: Pranab
- Stocks To Invest: Novavax, Inc. (NVAX), Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL)
- Babar Azam, Malik help score 292/6 in first ODI against Sri Lanka
- Western Digital nous promet des disques durs de 40 To
- Amazon continues relentless United Kingdom expansion with creation of another 1200 jobs