"Pretty scary having a rock thrown through the team bus window on the way back to the hotel!" he wrote on Twitter.
Guwahati: Two youngsters were on Wednesday arrested by the Gorchuk Police here in association with a stone-pelting incident on the Australian team bus after the second T20 match against India on Tuesday night. The seat next to the window was unoccupied at the time. He said that the Indian fans have been great to the Australian team and that it is unfair that one person has to spoil the experience for Guwahati, where an global cricket match was being hosted only for the second time. Australia won the second T20I at Guwahati and were travelling back to the hotel when this happened. The host nation is supposed to provide impeccable security to the cricket teams which are visiting for the goal of the matches. The rock, believed to be roughly the size of a cricket ball, was thrown at a window on the right-hand side of the bus, while it was returning from the stadium.
He tweeted, "Guwahati stone-throwing incident NOT reflective of our security measures". Aus [Australia] team & Federation Internationale de Football Association are content w/those [with those].
Watch this Florida cop easily bag an escaped 9-foot-long anaconda
At least for Detective Emily Shaw of the Leon County Sheriff's Office in Tallahassee. Fortunately, Shaw was up to the task - she has experience handling exotic critters.
Meanwhile, Assam's Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma apologised for the incident, adding that a strict action would be taken against the guilty. "India remains a graceful host", Rathore, who replaced Vijay Goel as the Sports Minister earlier this year, tweeted. Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal said the incident had damaged the state's reputation as a reliable host for major sporting events and that state police had identified two suspects. "Whoever got indulged in the hooliganism did it with the sole objective of defaming Assam & derailing its journey towards the top. the culprits will face the full force of the law & given exemplary punishment".
The visitors had thrashed India by eight-wickets in the match to square the three-match series at 1-1. Everything was fine until yesterday, till the picture of broken window glass of the bus surfaced the Internet.
- European Council building in poison alert
- AWS and Microsoft Announce Gluon, Making Deep Learning Accessible to All Developers
- Windsor man faces charges for sharing child porn images
- Trump says he spoke to Virgin Islands' 'president' -- which is him
- Boyfriend Indicted in Connection With Death of Pregnant Teacher
- Chinese space station to come crashing down to Earth soon
- Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRCD) Closes at $2.42, Underpriced by 1.2%
- Woman killed when trapped beneath vehicle in Westford mall parking lot
- National Football League monitoring Oakland air quality, but game remains unchanged for now
- Davido accusé d'avoir tué trois de ses proches, les faits !