Quiara Alegria Hudes, the writer behind the book for Tony Award-winning Broadway musical In The Heights, wants The Weinstein Company to sever ties with the show - and Lin-Manuel Miranda is co-signing her request. Today he tweeted his support for her call on TWC to "allow us to extricate In the Heights" from the company.
"As a woman, I can no longer do business with The Weinstein Company. To those women who suffered directly at Harvey's hands, I extend my sincerest compassion and support", Hudes wrote. The film version is now in the pre-production stage with a screenplay penned by Hudes and the involvement of Miranda and stage producer Scott Sanders. Universal Pictures had been developing a film adaptation of In the Heights before The Weinstein Co. announced production past year.
Nouvelle Aston Martin D11 Volante
De quoi lui permettre de filer à 300 km/h en vitesse de pointe, après avoir abattu le 0 à 100 km/h en seulement 4.1 secondes. La DB11 Volante accuse le surpoids conséquent de 110kg par rapport au coupé V8 avec 1.860kg sur la balance.
Hamilton creator Miranda, himself a Pulitzer victor, tweeted his support, posting Hudes' note and adding: "As usual, Quiara does the prose the best". Insiders say numerous parties who have movies and television shows at TWC are anxious that the venture is tarnished beyond fix following publication of stories in The New York Times and The New Yorker detailing allegations of sexual assault, rape and sexual harassment on the part of the larger-than-life mogul. Kate Beckinsale, Heather Graham, Cara Delevingne, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Mia Sorvino, and Lauren Sivan are just a fraction of those who've shared their experiences. "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein". However, Bob Weinstein released a statement following the Journal story that "business is continuing as usual". "Decades. He thrived on this. My stomach is in knots". I have friends, I have a mom, I am a woman. Harvey did not act alone. He had powerful enablers in his community and at the top tier of the criminal justice system.
- Jane Fonda sort du silence — Affaire Weinstein
- British bank Aldermore in deal talks with South Africa's FirstRand
- International Monetary Fund forecasts 2.3% growth for Tunisia in 2017, 3% in 2018
- Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Justin Houston expected to play Sunday
- Sony Celebrates PSVR's Birthday With New Trailer, Promises 60 New Games
- Turkey Interested In Russian S-500 Missile: President Erdogan
- Enbridge Energy Partners LP (NYSE:EEP) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- AWS and Microsoft Announce Gluon, Making Deep Learning Accessible to All Developers
- First female nipple to be broadcast in TV advert for breast cancer
- Book account of how an individual saw political drama unfolding: Pranab