The fire on the mountain slopes in Camps Bay was sparked on Wednesday and was fanned by strong winds.Working on Fire, who is attempting to extinguish the blaze, wrote on its Facebook page in its latest update, "Another 2 volunteer firefighting crews are in the process of being deployed from VWS #Newlands tonight to assist partner SANParks - Table Mountain National Park".
City of Cape Town officials said the evacuation was a precautionary measure.
Two of the helicopters are coming down from the Eastern Cape while the 3 was on its way from George.
Prins said the fire also burnt through the historic Muslim burial site which is on that part of the mountain.
"The plan for today is to secure the perimeter as well as hot spots as the fire has now moved past the 12 Apostles Hotel from the tar road into Table Mountain National Park", said South African National Parks spokesperson, Merle Collins.
Armed attack kills at least six soldiers in Egypt's Sinai
Security and hospital officials confirmed the toll from Thursday's attack on the outskirts of the city of el-Arish and said another four security personnel were wounded.
In the meantime, the fire between Camps Bay and Llandudno on the other side of the mountain was proving to be stubborn, with at least 150 firefighters on scene.
Prins had hoped "that, with the wind dying down, they would have a chance of putting the fire out".
He said nobody had been injured as far as he knew.
The Twelve Apostles Hotel was being evacuated on Thursday evening as fires spread around the Oudekraal area.
- Teenager sexually assaulted three times as she walked home
- Hear Gucci Mane's New Album 'Mr. Davis'
- Mindy Kaling Was Very OK With Oprah Spilling Her Pregnancy News
- Ontario judge approves Sears Canada liquidation
- Toro Rosso keep F1 guessing ahead of US Grand Prix
- Mort de l'ex président malgache Albert Zafy
- Nutanix Inc. (NTNX) Rating Lowered to Buy at Vetr Inc
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- Soldiers reveal gender of fallen comrade's baby in Facebook video
- Corruption allegations: IG urges court to stop Senate probe