The team has more to be proud of this week after finishing second in the world at the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge, an 1,800-mile race across the Australian Outback.
Nuon team's Nuna 9 vehicle has taken victory in the race from Darwin to Adelaide for solar-powered cars.
The team from University of MI came in the second place with their torpedo shaped "Novum" and their best ever result in Australia. When their team finished first in 2015, it took them 33.03 hours.
The win is the seventh for Nuon, with their auto overcoming cloudy skies as they took the lead early and stayed ahead in the elite Challenger class, which features slick, single seat aerodynamic vehicles built for sustained endurance and total energy efficiency.
Samuel Girard marque son premier but
Subban a ajouté un but dans un filet désert alors qu'il restait un peu moins de deux minutes à jouer au match. Jamie Benn avait procuré les devants aux Stars au premier tiers.
The Nuon Solar Team from Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, entering the lightest auto in the field, reached the finish line in 37 hours, 10 minutes and 41 seconds, according to race organisers. The team's manager, Sander Koot, said they adjusted their strategy and driving style to the nerve-wracking weather conditions with wind gusts of up to 60 kilometres per hour.
They also positioned the vehicle so it could benefit from the windy conditions like a sailing ship, the team's aerodynamics expert Jasper Hemmes told organisers.
The vehicles are powered by the sun and mostly developed by universities or corporations, with teams hailing from Australia and across the world including the United States, Malaysia, India and South Africa.
- OL - Genesio, un derby pour finir ?
- 'New Mutants': Josh Boone Teases the Arrival of the First Trailer
- Penn State Preparing for Texas A&M to Pursue James Franklin
- Kindergarten teacher missing after bailing out known felon
- Bambawale appointed as next Indian ambassador to China
- Non, Google n'achètera pas Apple pour 9 milliards de dollars
- NAB references: Hearing adjourned due to police-lawyers spat outside accountability court
- Prince Harry to Speak at Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago
- Sri Lanka Makes Arrests in $60 Million Taiwanese Bank Cyberheist
- Pourquoi il pose problème à l'Assemblée nationale — Drapeau européen